PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
device.exe failed, send to microsoft?

I got this message pop up yesterday and thought it was weird, I did allow it to send error data to microsoft, but I wondered if others have gotten it and if anyone knows why. I'm running on the first "official" .2 sprint rom update. I read someone else had the same message in another thread, but thought this message deserved it's own thread. Besides this, I have no problems with this rom except the super annoying call waiting alarm sound. I would love to know how to stop that.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

LobsterBoxed is a n00b
Re: device.exe failed, send to microsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
I got this message pop up yesterday and thought it was weird, I did allow it to send error data to microsoft, but I wondered if others have gotten it and if anyone knows why. I'm running on the first "official" .2 sprint rom update. I read someone else had the same message in another thread, but thought this message deserved it's own thread. Besides this, I have no problems with this rom except the super annoying call waiting alarm sound. I would love to know how to stop that.
I get this pretty often. Running the updated official rom. Searched the forum, found a thread int the Titan forums saying it may be related to GPS. Seems like there is a problem with the software. Have sent many reports to MS, wonder if this will be addressed? Anyone have any other info on this?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete
Re: device.exe failed, send to microsoft?

Have also seen this on a Telus with the new 6.1 ROM and also had a few others pop up as well. Have since followed all the GPS tweaking on the forums with the result that I have not seen one in a while and my GPS is locking faster than before as well. Below are the instructions I followed:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31437
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue