PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
How do you add icons to your today screen?

I always come across pictures of themes online show a row of 5 or 6 icons on the today screen of various programs they use. How do I go about doing this? I would like to have a set of icons having stuff like the phone, SlingPlayer, SkyFire, etc...on my today screen.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: How do you add icons to your today screen?

Here you go , Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25294#2

you will need this to,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25331#2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01[1] (9).jpg (16.4 KB, 99 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tmz; 06-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Threadstarter

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick

Thanks for the app, but the icons are a bit too small to be finger friendly.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

There's another freeware launcher, called tdLaunch (Google it for tutorial, etc.), that allows you to set icon size up to 32x32 pixels, which I find very finger friendly while not taking up too much precious Today Screen space. Basically, you go to your today settings, Items tab, highlight tdLaunch and tap the Options button. Pretty intuitive from there. I've used it to set up my Today Screen with icons around my mugshot background pic in a "U" shape, so as to avoid getting into iPhone's sort of VCR syndrome where you have rows and colums of buttons like on a VCR remote, innundating you into being unable to do even the simplist thing. Well, for my weak old brain, that's what happens to me.

You can grab a CAB of tdLaunch here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...launchv16E.CAB

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 06-11-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
There's another freeware launcher, called tdLaunch (Google it for tutorial, etc.), that allows you to set icon size up to 32x32 pixels, which I find very finger friendly while not taking up too much precious Today Screen space. Basically, you go to your today settings, Items tab, highlight tdLaunch and tap the Options button. Pretty intuitive from there. I've used it to set up my Today Screen with icons around my mugshot background pic in a "U" shape, so as to avoid getting into iPhone's sort of VCR syndrome where you have rows and colums of buttons like on a VCR remote, innundating you into being unable to do even the simplist thing. Well, for my weak old brain, that's what happens to me.

You can grab a CAB of tdLaunch here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...launchv16E.CAB
Is there any way to make the button you push, look like you pushed the button, do you know what I Thanks T m Z
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Is there any way to make the button you push, look like you pushed the button
It already does so, sort of. Not by a state of the art 3D animation, but by showing a gray (may depend on theme) color box and a pop up tag (that you can specify in options setting). Here's how it looks if I put my clunky thumb on the Search icon, magnifying glass:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

try ultimate launch it lets u put icons on and it does show 3d animations for icons being pushed
Old 06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
tmz
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
It already does so, sort of. Not by a state of the art 3D animation, but by showing a gray (may depend on theme) color box and a pop up tag (that you can specify in options setting). Here's how it looks if I put my clunky thumb on the Search icon, magnifying glass:
No luck , I cannot find it in settings , I have a black theme , I cannot find the pop up ether , any help would be great Thanks TMZ
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 PM
tmz
VIP Member

I got it, Thanks. T M Z
Old 06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Hmm. Ok, well, your black theme might produce black on black, i.e. invisible! But then, I'm using allBlack.tsk and you can see tdLaunch produces gray on black for me, maybe because I've set a couple regedits. Whatever. Now, for the more crucial issue. The pop up shows the "Name" of your shortcut. To edit this, go here:

Start > Settings > Personal (default tab) > Today > Items (tab)

If you've successfully installed tdLaunch, then you should see it in your list of today items. Highlight it and then tap the "Options..." button. You should see something like my 3:16 screenshot, below left:

If I highlight Search as shown in the 3:16 shot and then tap Edit, it takes me to the 3:17 shot, where the Name (pop up tag) can be edited. BTW the path can be typed in, but I tapped the [...] button and browsed for it. Much easier. Maybe you have no shortcuts yet, in that case you won't be able to edit, of course. So tap Add instead. The buttons are all real apparent just by using them, all that is except for Speed and Button, which I could not figure out, and I'm staying away from Uninstall. BTW2 my blanks are just space holders that allow my background mugshot to show through.

Hope this helps, MrG
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue