PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Phone Sounds - How?

Every time I make an outbound call, I get a beep.
Every time I end a call, I get a beep.

I have replaced every sound file on my PPC with a copied silent.wav file.
I have gone into phone settings and alarms and taken the sound alert setting off of each and every alert.

So, I guess this is some type of non.wav system sound?
Can it only be disabled through registry?
What is that registry setting?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

xCHRISx is a n00b
Re: Disable Phone Sounds - How?

I'd like to know this as well, the end call noise drives me batty!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

That little chirp? Man I've never thought about it, but now that you've mentioned it, it's gonna annoy the crap out of me...

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCHRISx View Post
I'd like to know this as well, the end call noise drives me batty!
I don't understand why this isn't something in the U.I. (setting) that can be shut off with minimal effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithNoLife View Post
That little chirp? Man I've never thought about it, but now that you've mentioned it, it's gonna annoy the crap out of me...
I graduated to a PPC from a SmartPhone and on the SmartPhone it was a registry setting, but I can't find anything similar on the PPC. This is what led me to overwrite all of the *.wav files with a copy of silent.wav (renamed to nnnn.wav).
Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

AARGH !!!

I opened up the PPCKitchen RAR file and extracted it into a directory. (you can build in PPCKitchen from a directory, but you have to edit your selections.txt)

I deleted each file of the following type from the 3.02 kitchen:
*.wav
*.wma
*.mid

I still get that crazy beep ...

The struggle continues!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-10-2008, 10:12 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
AARGH !!!

I opened up the PPCKitchen RAR file and extracted it into a directory. (you can build in PPCKitchen from a directory, but you have to edit your selections.txt)

I deleted each file of the following type from the 3.02 kitchen:
*.wav
*.wma
*.mid

I still get that crazy beep ...

The struggle continues!

Best regards,
-boggsie
I've taken care of the call end one in the rom I'm running. Actually I think you are looking for the "Scripts"... I just managed to kill my "dialing" beep. Look in this registry key for them and remove the "P". Don't forget to save, and reset!

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
Script=""

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending
Script=""

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I've taken care of the call end one in the rom I'm running. Actually I think you are looking for the "Scripts"... I just managed to kill my "dialing" beep. Look in this registry key for them and remove the "P". Don't forget to save, and reset!

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing
Script=""

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending
Script=""
Well, well, well - that is great news and easily setup in zzzzzPersonalOEM.

Now I have to get those *.wav, *.wma & *.mid files back into the build ... any setting that uses a sound will not save, as the sound files are not there. I guess I could go through the registry and remove the entries, but it is quickest (for me) to put the sounds back.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Well, well, well - that is great news and easily setup in zzzzzPersonalOEM.

Now I have to get those *.wav, *.wma & *.mid files back into the build ... any setting that uses a sound will not save, as the sound files are not there. I guess I could go through the registry and remove the entries, but it is quickest (for me) to put the sounds back.

Best regards,
-boggsie
I guess it worked then. Stay tuned, I'm gonna put up another tutorial for the kitchen soon about customizing all the sounds. I'll have to include this one too!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I believe the end button activates Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav in the windows directory. Did you replace that one as well?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I believe the end button activates Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav in the windows directory. Did you replace that one as well?
Yes I did delete that specific file (and every other *.wav, *.mid & *.wma) file from the PPCKitchen directory (Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.02).

The script change got rid of the sound for both dialing and ending a call.

woot!

Best regards,
-boggsie

P.S. This may sound unusual, but when you are in a (sometimes) very quiet office setting (no white noise generators), sometimes the sound of a cell phone can draw unwanted attention.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue