PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question got another question? see bottom...

hi all... i'm getting ready to take that giant leap into the unknown, upgrading to rev A/ gps for my touch. but i have a question before i get started. whats the best rom for me? i know... pretty lame, but as i sit here looking at all the roms, i notice some of the roms have things that i really need and that i use all the time, but there are roms that have things that i'd love to have. as of right now, i run spb mobile shell 2.1 as my home screen, and would probably like to keep it that way after all is said and done, and i know that its a pay program so i'm pretty sure it couldn't be added into a rom. but the other programs i use are as follows:
-s2u2, ms voice command, esmertec java, pocketcm, skyfire, spb weather, pocket RAR, htc streaming media & total commander

with that being said, what would be the best one... i pretty much want a stock rom, but with the revA/ gps. i guess the best way to put it is that i'm still a newb, so i want to have as much free space that i can have to download new things and not have all the clutter, no offense to those who provide us with all these great roms, that comes with most that i've seen.

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by gammarho55; 06-04-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

marchande is just getting started
Re: whats the best rom for me?

honestly.. I recomend no2chems roms.. the kitchen that they are using is prety simple.. and you can strip it down to only what is needed.. and then install teh apps that you want on to your storage card later to save room (mogul user here memory is at a preimum) but if memory is not a concern, the ppckitchen is an easy way to flash... its simple straight forward.. and you can chose what you waant.. and what you dont want... and after your finished.. wash rinse and repeat if you dont like the rom that you created...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:07 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchande View Post
honestly.. I recomend no2chems roms.. the kitchen that they are using is prety simple.. and you can strip it down to only what is needed.. and then install teh apps that you want on to your storage card later to save room (mogul user here memory is at a preimum) but if memory is not a concern, the ppckitchen is an easy way to flash... its simple straight forward.. and you can chose what you waant.. and what you dont want... and after your finished.. wash rinse and repeat if you dont like the rom that you created...
YOU POSTED IN A VOGUE THREAD
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

marchande is just getting started

my mistake.. I forget that the ppc kitchen has stuff for the vogue... .. disregard my recomendation.. but.. the ppc kitchen does have some nice vogue roms to up to it the same way
Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i thought it was kinda weird he posted here, but i still appreciate the help. i understand whats he's saying, though. that fact is that i'm still a newb at this, and i'd like my first attempt at this to go farely smooth, if you know what i mean. any one else?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammarho55 View Post
i thought it was kinda weird he posted here, but i still appreciate the help. i understand whats he's saying, though. that fact is that i'm still a newb at this, and i'd like my first attempt at this to go farely smooth, if you know what i mean. any one else?
if you have phone insurance try them all out
Old 06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

ssolomon is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
if you have phone insurance try them all out
JD gets kudos for not taking the opportunity to shamelessly plug his own very nice ROMs, the latest of which I am about to flash for myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

black_mamba is just getting started

I second JD's. I'm still using his 5.30 hybrid rom and haven't downloaded the 6.3 yet. It is completely clean though, not sure if that's what you want. You will have to install everything yourself (which I prefer anyway). You can still use your MS 2.1 on any rom, just install it. You can also try using the Kitchen and cook your own rom with the apps/settings you want pre-installed.

Just be sure to read and re-read the stickies on upgrading to revA / GPS before even starting. It's pretty hard to mess up, but not impossible.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

which set of instructions should i follow? one set here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 says to not let the customizations run, while here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473 says to let them run. thats why someof this can be a bit confusing for some of us. i just want to make sure i don't screw this up lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue