PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch with Amplifier

Has anyone used an HTC Touch with an amplifier? I've now gone through two HTC Touch's. Every time I hook it up, afterwards I cannot get signal unless hooked up to the amplifier. Its like it can't switch back to the internal antenna. I've used it with my LG Glimmer and also my UM150 and it doesn't do anything to them.

Please, if someone knows a trick to using an amplifier with the Touch please let me know.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch with Amplifier

bump...

Nobody here has used a Touch with an external antenna or an amplifier?
Old 06-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
bump...

Nobody here has used a Touch with an external antenna or an amplifier?
No sorry. My touch gets great service with out it.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: elfin 100

Crypt!c is a n00b

ampiflier = external speaker? ya i do! to blast music at the beach or in the toilet ! hehe.

and i guess it does not affect my touch?

im gussing that ur ampliflier is not magneticaly shielded therefore the electro-magnetic waves coming from the speaker is interferring with your connection.

if so, you should go change your amplifier or put a piece of iron (only iron)(half the size of your touch) on top of the amplifier (if there is 2 sides) put on both sides. in that way, the waves will go through the iron and continue routing through the iron and your phones signal would get better.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

good to know, i've been thinking about getting one for my mogul.
also wilson electronics has a universal pad style adapter as well as a cradle (with pad inside), if you've actually got the amp then they should work for you. I really wanted the cradle (ebay had one for $25), but an email to wilson confirmed that my mogul would not fit sideways (landscape), but the touch should be right at home.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: elfin 100

Crypt!c is a n00b

some amplifier lets u put the phone inside (sideways) in a crade like shaggy said.

lets u watch movies quite enjoyably. niceee
Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ok, I give, which one?
Old 06-14-2008, 03:30 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

im pretty sure he's talking about a signal amplifier
Old 06-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I think so too, and if you are pluging that into that little jack on the back of the phone you need to be super careful or you break one of the contacts off from the board. - This also breaks the connection to the internal antenna, hence the problem you are having. This was problem with the 6700 as well.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 06-14-2008, 06:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

yea, ok.. well, the one I'm referring to is from Wilson electronics a very reputable antenna company.
http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

universal pad style wilson part# 359914

cradle .... dunno the part# by it's self wilson sells in kit, but others don't,,
this site has it for $35 http://www.alternativewireless.com/c...ne-cradle.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue