PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

blisk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hate to start a thread about the date for an updated rom but..

I hate doing this as there's been so many threads like this here, on xda, howard, ect. but this seems as though it might be pretty accurate and coincides with the "june" that has long been rumored. This was just posted on howard forums here. June 20th is the new date if this is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmymak
Following is a pretty funny transcript from a web chat session I just had with a Sprint rep.

Your session ID is 2166607.
Time Details
06/01/2008 05:02:36PM System: "Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly."
06/01/2008 05:02:42PM Session Started with Agent (Jacqueline)
06/01/2008 05:02:55PM Agent (Jacqueline): "Thank you for contacting Sprint.My name is Jackie.How may I assist you?"
06/01/2008 05:03:06PM James: "Hi, Jackie,"
06/01/2008 05:03:14PM Agent (Jacqueline): "Hello James"
06/01/2008 05:03:39PM James: "I was wondering if you had a date of when the rev a and gps upgrade for the htc touch would be available?"
06/01/2008 05:04:02PM Agent (Jacqueline): "June 1st."
06/01/2008 05:04:21PM James: "Gee, that's today. Is it available?"
06/01/2008 05:04:54PM Agent (Jacqueline): "I do believe so.I will check."
06/01/2008 05:07:40PM Agent (Jacqueline): "James I looked and it looks like June 20 will in fact be the date."
06/01/2008 05:07:58PM James: "Okay, thanks."
06/01/2008 05:08:04PM Session Ended
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Hate to start a thread about the date for an updated rom but..

hmm. hope thats true, not that im not happy with what ive got now ^_^
Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lmao @ "Gee, that's today"
Old 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Gee thats today isn't it...LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

I bet if everyone logged in to "chat with a CSR" we'd get a mix of different dates and 40-50% would answer with "I don't have any information about that".

It would be interesting to then average the dates/responses with the actual release date.

meh, just the scientist in me speaking.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

The reminds me of the sign I put in my kitchen that says "Free Beer ...tomorrow". I mean the update may come out on or before the 20th, but I wouldn't cite Agent Jacqueline as a reliable source for it. Not trying to be pessimistic about it, just sayin.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Old 06-02-2008, 03:44 PM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

im checkin right now to see what info they feed me :-p
Old 06-02-2008, 03:49 PM
When will then be now?

I do apologize but I am not able to locate any information on the GPS or REV-A updates for your model phone, please keep check on this update on sprint.com by typing software downloads in the question box, and then choosing software downloads and then windows mobile (ce).
Old 06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)
Threadstarter

blisk is just getting started

here's my chat:

5:42:17 PM System Connected with Domonique
5:42:22 PM Domonique Thank you for contacting Sprint. This is Domonique. How may I help you?
5:43:07 PM Matthew Hi. I was wondering if you had any information on when there might be an update for my phone, its an HTC Touch.
5:43:27 PM Domonique That is a great question, I would be happy to research that information for you.
5:44:09 PM Matthew Thank you.
5:45:08 PM Domonique Matthew, I do apologize that I do not have any update information on your device. However, you can go to buzzaboutwireless.com for news, reviews and release dates.
5:45:44 PM Matthew Ok I will check out that site, but theres not even a rough estimate for when?
5:46:53 PM Domonique I do apologize, however, you will need to access that web site for future details on that device.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

A thread for this question already exsists.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27854

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue