PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trapster

Hey Bell users, if you have the unlimited data with your touch, you may be interested in this program. My brother told me about it.

http://trapster.com/

It alerts you of police traps, red light cameras, speeding cameras etc. It does this with using your internal gps which most have already activated and your data with is unlimited if you got the $7 add-on. There's already a large user base for some cities and including Toronto but for Vancouver, it's still small. Most of what's up there was added by my brother. Speeding cameras may not be as useful for us but those pesky red light camera alerts may save you from getting a ticket.

Anyway, if more people join who are from Vancouver, and people report red light cameras etc then we can have a better database like toronto does.

I'm just trying it out, but so far it seems pretty good. I'll test it out when I drive by know red light camera zones.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Trapster

i sure as hell wouldn't rely on that.. also note that it only works on KNOWN traps.. who knows how often that database is updated.

anyway, here in my state it's illegal for the city to use cameras for tickets.. they tried to pass a law but it was denied.. thank god those scumbags and that wh0re we have for governor couldn't veto it.

i have two laser jammers on my front car bumper to check for traps.. works quite well..

Last edited by sebo; 06-02-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

aspalaasn is just getting started

I think something is better than nothing. If the user base is larger for certain cities, people can report red light cameras, speeding cameras, police traps etc as they see them if they're not on the database already. People can also confirm whether what's on the databases are accurate there by avoiding false entries. Most that are on there for my area, Vancouver, should be accurate but may not be complete.

Something is better than nothing I think...whether it's useful or not depends on those who run the risks of getting tickets from speeding cameras or red light cameras. Anyway, just putting the word out there.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

kbl is becoming a great contributor

If you are using GarminXT you can also load up the red light locations via custom waypoints. I'm going to check this program out though... interesting.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue