PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tortuous801 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who was upgraded from 6700 using insurance??

I want to use my insurance to replace my broken 6700 with a touch.. I have read that people successfully had this done.

So my questions are this:

Do I go to a regular sprint store or their repair center?

Or... do i do it over the phone with sprint support?

Is there any pointers on how to successfully be swapped out for a touch?

All help / steps / or personal experience is helpful.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Who was upgraded from 6700 using insurance??

if i were you i'd ask for a refurb and just wait for the raphael and have them exchange your apache for that

otherwise, if you dont mention anything, they will probably upgrade you to the mogul. just ask for the touch, it cant hurt
Old 05-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch
Carrier: metro pcs

king6700 is a n00b

i got upgraded from a 6700 to mogul, and when the mogul started acting up i asked for a touch instead of another mogul and they gave it to me for free so ask and see what they say
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Unless you're actually having problems with the 6700, the insurance isn't supposed to be an upgrade plan, and they honestly need to have ways to protect it from being used like that.

If you get any type of upgrade through the insurance, then that's fine if you had a legitimate problem with the old phone.

People wonder why Sprint is having problems, in addition to customer service, their other problem is giving away too many things and people taking advantage of the system.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, i sure hope i didnt come off as a leecher. i assumed his 6700 had issues that might require a replacement, so i told him what i would do. i didnt mean for him to purposely break his phone for a replacement.

oh, and every phone company does this, not just sprint. sprints problems IMO remain customer service & billing errors, insurance is not why they lose money. if anything, they make money from the millions that dont use it, were just a small percent with expensive handsets
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

tortuous801 is a n00b

well being that the my first 6700 broke a year and a half ago and now the earpiece in mine is dead and I can only use it with a headset I see that as a valid issue.. as for asking for a different model handset I think since this is the second 6700 i've had problems with and that it is no longer being produced requesting a different model is in order...
being that the 2 comparable models are the mogul and the touch ( touch being 50$ less than the mogul ) wanting one over the other doesn't feel like i'm taking advantage of sprint or treating the insurance plan that I have paid 7$ a month for the last 6 years like an upgrade plan
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I have been paying 7 bucks a month and am on my 7th apache because of the same problem each time the d pad, they refuse to upgrade me. WHAT IS GOING ON!

Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I was upgraded to a Touch from a 6700 using insurance/retentions but it was a long and painful process! I was on my second 6700 when it had the same problem as my first, it got stuck in the align screen page and would not come out. Flashed multiple Roms, but they would never come out of the align screen page. I took it to a Sprint store and they said they would replace it free of charge, with another 6700. However, they didn't have any 6700's and said I would have to wait a week or two. Unacceptable in my opinion. I called retentions as they suggested and they agreed to replace it with a Touch free of charge, no 6700's in their system anymore. They charged me $369.00 but never credited me as they said they would when i sent the 6700 back. It took about 10 calls to retentions(4-6 hrs total), 2+ months, and having my phone disconnected before I finally got them to credit me, + about $50 for the inconvienience(spelling?) I called retentions and said I wanted out of my contract because of this problem and because they doubled the text messaging fee. She promptly gave me 1000 free text messages and credited my account around $420.00. Worked out in the long run, but was very frustrating!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PPC6900

silvertank is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to silvertank

Money-wise, you'd think Sprint would automatically swap it for the Touch since the Mogul is more expensive.
6pm Nights & Weekends
$39.99/Mo
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue