PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

3rdson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bell Mobility PRL

I would really appreciate a little help in locating PRL info for Bell Mobility in Ontario. I have been searching for the past few days but am not having much luck. I'm sure the info I seek is here, but with almost 300,000 posts, I am obviously not entering the right search criteria.
If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place ... I have lost my EVDO after a few, (several), rom flashes. I have tried a few different roms and all work quite well with the exception of the EVDO connection. I suspect my problem is related to an incorrect PRL but that is only a guess. Currently I am running OMJ's rom.

As I said, I would very much appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
3rdson
Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

ludester is becoming a great contributor
Re: Bell Mobility PRL

nope thats not PRL related. If you can make and receive calls fine then its not prl related.

Can you browse the net in 1x mode at least or no browsing at all? if no browsing at all it is most likely bell problem, call them and have them reset your account.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: (Bell Mobility)

avdude is a n00b

there is something up with bell tonight... I have sent myself text at my # @ bell..... as have others tonight and non have made it through the system...I know it works (slower than regular text) I sent messages to telus customers and they recieved them but there responces have not got to me.... everything else seems to be working ok... Phone, regular text, and internet just humming along.......
Old 05-25-2008, 03:11 AM
N00b
Carrier: Bell

tripper22 is just getting started

Read this post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27432
Old 05-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

3rdson is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester View Post
nope thats not PRL related. If you can make and receive calls fine then its not prl related.

Can you browse the net in 1x mode at least or no browsing at all? if no browsing at all it is most likely bell problem, call them and have them reset your account.
Yes, I can access data in 1x mode after evdo fails ... it's not really reliable though and quite slow. At mobilespeedtest.com I get about 127kbps. I never tested the speed when evdo was working but compared to what I had before ... this is like cold molasses.
So ... it appears that in order to get my EVDO working again, I am going to have to call Bell. Is there a recommended approach ... as in play dumb and just tell them I have a problem or do they really care if I flashed with a different rom? I suspect I am better off to play dumb. I have re-flashed back to stock Bell rom but since the 3.37 radio cannot be completely overwritten with the stock rom, how do I explain that if they ask about it? (maybe they won't ask?)
There must be a way to do this without contacting Bell but I have searched and searched and cannot find anything. If anyone has some advice or suggestions ... I would be eternally grateful.

3rdson
Old 05-26-2008, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ludester is becoming a great contributor

play dumb....or tell them straight up to remove unlimited browser from your account and add it again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue