PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

erwin15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Digitizer Replacment

Hello,

Just wondering if someone from this Forum could PLEASE post instructions on how to replace the Digitizer on the HTC Touch?? I have the spare digitizer now and don't know how to get past the middle casing and then to the digitizer to replace it....... Or you can email me at edelarmente@sympatico.ca also with instructions or a linke somewhere ? ?

Thank You in advance...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: HTC Touch Digitizer Replacment

where is the digitazer? on the lcd case?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

erwin15 is a n00b

it's the actual screen you touch with your finger or stylus, the LCD is underneath the digitizer.... can't find instructions or a video on how to get to it to replace it......
Old 05-23-2008, 12:39 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think this can help.. gl...

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

erwin15 is a n00b

Thank you very much... ! ! ! !

If this is the site you were talking about, I did use the picture to get to the LCD. The problem is that the pictures don't tell me or show me how to take the Digitizer out so I can swap mine out... I got as far as the pictures show but ended up putting my phone back togerther cause it shows nothing about swapping the Digitizer........ I'll keep looking but if you could do the same I woud appreciate it....

Last edited by erwin15; 05-23-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

http://mikechannon.net/PDF%20Manuals...-%20Elf%20.pdf
Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The PDF does the trick and is a great reference for disassembly. Not as clean of a replacement of the Digitizer as I had hoped, but it does the job.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

pwhitersxs is a n00b

It's not too bad.

1. remove back cover and battery
2. remove the 4 t5 screws
3. pop off the top with the digitizer, but be careful as there are chords attached to it.
4. push out the digitizer from the inside until it comes out. Oh and remove the chord going into the board first. Just follow the digitizer down and you will see it.

Reassemble:
1. put new digitizer in top cover and push the chord in.
2. reverse assemble.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Virgin mobile

Mononoke is a n00b

I know that this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an HTC Touch with a broken digitizer, followed OSeven's Disassembly Guide to take it apart and tried fitting a new digitizer (bought on E-bay). The ribbon wire was about 2-3mm shorter than the original but I fitted it in. Switched on but get no response from the touch panel. Is there something I should do to reset it (to let it recognise the new digitizer)?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch vogu100 htc innovatio
Carrier: SPRINT

maccccc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononoke View Post
I know that this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have an HTC Touch with a broken digitizer, followed OSeven's Disassembly Guide to take it apart and tried fitting a new digitizer (bought on E-bay). The ribbon wire was about 2-3mm shorter than the original but I fitted it in. Switched on but get no response from the touch panel. Is there something I should do to reset it (to let it recognise the new digitizer)?
i did my vogue sprint i do not di any just connet the new digitizer put it back / working perfect my sugestion is to chek the ribbon wire fitted or another fitting conection
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue