PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 06:49 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRL update creates unstable phone?

A little background... I am out of town in a heavily covered sprint area and kept switching between 1x and evdo. I thought WTH I will downgrade my prl from 60711 to 60612. Since that time my radio on myphone takes a long time to sync with sprint's networks andis very unstable, in fact it took a hard reset just to be able to use the radio part...

Anyway, for stability's sake I decided I needed to goback to 60711. Wll I did, but the radio's stability hasn't changed. Why oh why did I do thiswhile out of town? In any case, I think I need to reflash my radio when I get home. Any thoughts on this?

Oh and by the way, I searched on this and remember seeing similar issues, but its hard to effectively do on 1xrtt. Thanks all!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
N00b

andrews is a n00b
Re: PRL update creates unstable phone?

60711 I believe is the PRL for a Sprint Mobile card (PCMCIA/PCI Express). I'm using 60612 - which should be the latest PRL for the Touch and it's working fine. My Touch has been exceptionally stable on the Internet as well as GPS.

What is your Radio version? I've got the 3.37.15 from the leaked Sprint ROM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have you tried changing your Slot Cycle Index to 1? I did after flashing new radio and updating PRL to 60711 and have no problems, even on initial startup since i made that change.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Have you tried changing your Slot Cycle Index to 1? I did after flashing new radio and updating PRL to 60711 and have no problems, even on initial startup since i made that change.

Hope this helps!
What would that have to do with a PRL? Your fix is in your head what your describing make no sense. SLI has nothing to do with PRL's and to be honest you wont even notice any difference with a PRL change unless you live in that affected area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
A little background... I am out of town in a heavily covered sprint area and kept switching between 1x and evdo. I thought WTH I will downgrade my prl from 60711 to 60612. Since that time my radio on myphone takes a long time to sync with sprint's networks andis very unstable, in fact it took a hard reset just to be able to use the radio part...

Anyway, for stability's sake I decided I needed to goback to 60711. Wll I did, but the radio's stability hasn't changed. Why oh why did I do thiswhile out of town? In any case, I think I need to reflash my radio when I get home. Any thoughts on this?

Oh and by the way, I searched on this and remember seeing similar issues, but its hard to effectively do on 1xrtt. Thanks all!
Ya you might want to try and flash just your radio again.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-23-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews
60711 I believe is the PRL for a Sprint Mobile card (PCMCIA/PCI Express). I'm using 60612 - which should be the latest PRL for the Touch and it's working fine. My Touch has been exceptionally stable on the Internet as well as GPS.

What is your Radio version? I've got the 3.37.15 from the leaked Sprint ROM.
Some people are running 60711. The problems startedwhen I downgraded to 60612. I really shouldnt have messed with it since I am outof town. I also have the 3.37.15 radio loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk
I have actually done that before for other reasons, although I do not think I have done it since the rom upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420
That was my thought as well. Strangely enough its semi-behaving right nw, but I imagine that will changeThanks!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post

60711 PRL is for Data Cards, 60612 is not a downgrade, but rather an upgrade for EDVO Phones running 60610~. 60612 is the latest and newest PRL. A PRL is a list which the phone refers to in order to know what is the prefered order in which to use cell towers for optimal reception.

-CC
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
What would that have to do with a PRL? Your fix is in your head what your describing make no sense. SLI has nothing to do with PRL's and to be honest you wont even notice any difference with a PRL change unless you live in that affected area.

I ddn't say it was connected to the PRl and I don't recall asking your opinion. i was making a recommendation basd on the same symptoms and remedy I experienced.

Rude...
Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
I ddn't say it was connected to the PRl and I don't recall asking your opinion. i was making a recommendation basd on the same symptoms and remedy I experienced.

Rude...
Rude......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'v been called worse..............

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-23-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue