PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recommend some software to wake up my home PC from Touch

I'm just starting using Orb and realize that my 24*7 home PC is a power hog. It would be really nice to leave it on sleep mode for the most of time then from the phone to wake it up before I want to use my Orb service.

My old desktop@home: Celeron 1.3M/512MB SDRAM/200G harddrive. Using Win XP pro SP3 connected to Linkysis router. orb is set to start service without me logged in the desktop.

Phone: Touch with WM 6.1

Please recommend a software that can do the job via sprint network. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Okta)
Carrier: TCNZ

MattOktaNZ is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Recommend some software to wake up my home PC from Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
I'm just starting using Orb and realize that my 24*7 home PC is a power hog. It would be really nice to leave it on sleep mode for the most of time then from the phone to wake it up before I want to use my Orb service.

My old desktop@home: Celeron 1.3M/512MB SDRAM/200G harddrive. Using Win XP pro SP3 connected to Linkysis router. orb is set to start service without me logged in the desktop.

Phone: Touch with WM 6.1

Please recommend a software that can do the job via sprint network. Thanks a lot.
Which linksys router do you have? I think WR54TG can run a linux kernel.. might be able to make it send a WakeOn lan command
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Recommend some software to wake up my home PC from Touch

I just installed logmein as suggested in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27301

It looks like you can put the pc in sleep mode, and later log in using your Phone. Install logmein on the home PC. Then log into logmein.com with IE on your phone. It will have you download a remote access .cab. Then you can log in and control the home PC. So far it seems to work great.
Also the standard version of logmein is free!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue