PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Swinger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bell HTC Touch Help

Hi,

So I need some help. I have unlocked my phone and am running SPL-2.31.CoKe. and have installed a number of ROMs. I wanted to try and get the GPS working but only found one post so far of someone saying that they had it working on the Bell network. All of the ROM's I have found have a bunch of extra software I don't want loaded. Is there a windows mobile 6.1 that is clean? and designed off of the Bell OEM ROM? I know I am asking a lot. Has one got GPS working on the Bell Touch? Anyways, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

deep309 is just getting started
Re: Bell HTC Touch Help

I also have a Bell Touch that is unlocked and running SPL 2.31 with Jakdillard's clean and basic 6.1 rom as posted in this thread. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 It is clean and efficient but not designed off the Bell rom. I am not missing anything from the Bell rom that I don't have on JD's rom. I did everything exactlty as laid out in the thread and I have both RevA and GPS working. The rom is faster all around then the Bell rom. The GPS locks within 1-3 minutes inside or outside. One odd thing is that all in coming and out going calls now use 1X exclusivly. Before it would switch from 1X to EVDO depending on my area. But the phone quality has not changed for the better or worse.
I love JD's rom and would never go back to Bells bloated and slow loading rom.

D.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Swinger is a n00b

the link to download the ROM in the thread you mentioned is dead. Do you have another link or can you upload your rom file to the FTP?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive had the roms and radios working since the day gps was released. Run the new sprint leaked rom (which will update your radio) and then flash to any other custom rom ud like,

Old 05-26-2008, 04:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I just used the PPC Kitchen to cook a ROM for my friend with a Bell Vogue. You can pick the programs you want and it is REALLY easy. Just remember that it may take 2 or 3 flashes to get the right recipe.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sean222 is keeping up the good worksean222 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
I just used the PPC Kitchen to cook a ROM for my friend with a Bell Vogue. You can pick the programs you want and it is REALLY easy. Just remember that it may take 2 or 3 flashes to get the right recipe.
Same with me, I'm on Bell and I just used the tools at ppckitchen.org to create my own Rom, it was pretty easy...but I took several hours and many flashes before I found the right mix. Try the latest 3.02 kitchen, if that doesn't work...used the GPS kitchen (Based on no2chem 19209)...which is a bit older but I use it cause the 3.02 has bugs with the programs I run.

After you've made your Rom, go outside and run GPS Viewer, after it locks (few minutes) then load up your GPS Software.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

gbueh is a n00b

K I have already flashed my rom ... unlocker first and now running

*Bell Full Custom Version*

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...ustom.Bell.exe

Ok nice and all but a sprint rom... And it pretty and nice and all but one thing. I was using bell music store and well sprint music store don't help me use it at all...lol . would like my music store back... any suggestions.. I am on Bell in Canada in alberta and own a touch... help please
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor

I also recommend the PPCkitchen to keep things the way you want them. The clean ROMs are also good.

As for the Bell Music store... check the last post here.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue