PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy RUU Tools no longer work..

Hey guys.. I am no longer able to use flash any rom from my Vista 64 SP1 machine. I have flashed many many times successfully on this same setup before and now the rapitool stops working and crashes and stops the update utility before it can even start. I have reinstalled windows 3 times and now it never works. Has anyone seen this before......

Please Help. It worked and then it stopped out of nowhere....
Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

Zewnchops is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RUU Tools no longer work..

Make sure to run the tool as an Administrator (Right click > Run as Administrator). If asked for permision (depending on if you have UAC enabled or not), allow.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewnchops View Post
Make sure to run the tool as an Administrator (Right click > Run as Administrator). If asked for permision (depending on if you have UAC enabled or not), allow.

Tried that. One day it worked and the next it didn't. Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 08:52 AM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SL. is becoming a great contributor

try updating (or in this case downgrading) the driver to the XP driver? had to do that with my Vista machine, though 32-bit, it had the problem.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL. View Post
try updating (or in this case downgrading) the driver to the XP driver? had to do that with my Vista machine, though 32-bit, it had the problem.

I never had a problem with vista 64sp1 for months and months. Now all of the suddon it just won't work. I have tried new installs and reformatts but nothing works. My guess is there was a Windows Update that is causing problems...
Old 05-17-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor

get VMware 6.0 or higher and install XP 32 bit. Once the system is loaded and the screen has focus plug the WM phone in. The VMware client will recognize it just like a normal 32 bit xp computer. As long as the XP client has focus all new USB devices will be recognized by it and not the Host.

this will probably not work with VMware 5.0, it has USB support but works so terribly it mine as well not have USB support
Old 05-17-2008, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

I would not recommend installing an XP driver on Vista (i have experience doing this and in the long run is not the way to go IMO). I would verify that you have donwloaded the latest WDMC (Windows Device Mobile Center) and install it, found here -> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

I run Vista 32 bit SP1 and Vista 64 bit SP1 and used the Apache Kitchen with success.

Some tips for running the RUU tools.

- First, disable temporarily in the WDMC the usb connections and other connections
- Run as admin as suggested by above replies

Hope this helps ...
Old 05-17-2008, 01:57 PM
ptfdmedic

Thumbs up Re: RUU Tools no longer work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsolution View Post
I would not recommend installing an XP driver on Vista (i have experience doing this and in the long run is not the way to go IMO). I would verify that you have donwloaded the latest WDMC (Windows Device Mobile Center) and install it, found here -> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

I run Vista 32 bit SP1 and Vista 64 bit SP1 and used the Apache Kitchen with success.

Some tips for running the RUU tools.

- First, disable temporarily in the WDMC the usb connections and other connections
- Run as admin as suggested by above replies

Hope this helps ...
Thank you all for your help..

But I guess what I was asking is if anyone else running Vista 64SP1 has noticed this same thing. Because everything was working under Vista 64SP1 eariler and now it doesn't. I have even formatted and reinstalled and nothing works. So something has changed and I wonder if their was an update that maybe causing this.

Thanks again I did try most of this already. I should just work. I am not sure what happened...

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

Zewnchops is a n00b

I'm running Vista 64-Bit as well (fully updated), no problems here though, RUU's work like a charm.

Have you tried flashing while in bootloader mode?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewnchops View Post
I'm running Vista 64-Bit as well (fully updated), no problems here though, RUU's work like a charm.

Have you tried flashing while in bootloader mode?

Fixed it!!!!

It appears there is a problem with device manager. It may be isolated to my build but USB has become VERY finicky under SP1. When I plug in my USB thumb drive I am told its connected as USB 1.1 as appossed to USB 2.0.

Weird but I keep losing the drivers and Vista downloads new ones from Microsoft Update and that is where the problem is........ WMDC drivers keep getting over written. I just noticed that when I connect my vogue and look under My Computer it shows up as a Mogul instead of the Vogue. Now its working.....

Thanks For All Your Help.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue