PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 10:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

tdemeza is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OMJ's Alltel Rom- Awesome! but I have GPS Problems

I was wondering if someone would cook up a good Alltel ROM for me that works with GPS. I have the 3.37.10 radio already. I have tried a bunch of ROM's and I just cannot get GPS to work at all. I even tried the latest OMJ ROM for Sprint with the Today GPS plugin, which looks REALLY COOL, but it still never locked on a satellite. I am very frustrated at this moment because I am totally lost with what a Kitchen is as opposed to a ROM, and what ROM's work on which devices...

Anyway, if someone would kindly cook up a working ROM for my Alltel HTC Touch that has the Today GPS, and all the other cool stuff but modified for ALLTEL, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry to be so stu, stu, stu, stupid about this stuff. But I am trying my darndest to get fully emerged in enhancing my phone, I just don't know where to start. I keep reading and reading and reading and a few lightbulbs have gone off, and I've been able to flash, but still don't get what goes with what and why.

Thanks for helping if you can!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's Alltel Rom- Awesome! but I have GPS Problems

For starters...WELCOME to PPCGeeks!

For your gps problem, i am not aware that anyone with anyrom has licked that problem yet. I'm not really interested in the GPS part at all. Mine is more of a PDA/PHONE/REV_A_Tethering device, I'm just as happy as can be with that! I prefer a more specialized device if I want to take a random roadtrip. I use my garmin to find my way back home.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon
Threadstarter

tdemeza is a n00b

Well maybe that explains a lot, or at least means I need to clarify my question. Is everyone with an Alltel touch having to teather to a Bluetooth GPS device to use 'real time moving' maps on your phone? If so, I totally missed that one. I thought people were enabling the GPS in the phone so they did not have to carry another device with them.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch (vogue)

truckin is a n00b

hey tdemeza,

I can't get the gps to work on mine either.
I'm trying to use google maps on OMJ's rom - can't get any gps signal.
rom 3.02.651.2
radio 3.37.10

i'm going to keep digging through the forums - i'll post back here if i find s solution

Cheers!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue