PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 AM
N00b

KyleMac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Latest Version of Telenav

Does anyone know the latest version number of telenav for the sprint touch? Under my "about" menu, it says "Sprint Navigation, Version: 1.0.21". Telenav works fine for me (when it actually decides to log in, which is most of the time) but i just want to have the most recent version. If this is not the most recent version, how do i download the newest version? Will there be any conflict between the newest version and my touch? I only have this version on my phone because its the one cooked into OMJs ROM (speaking of which, why did you cook this version into your ROM OMJ, is it simply because its the latest version - i'll have to post this in that subthread as well)?

By the way, i called sprint and had telenav activated on my touch, the rep didnt mention anything about the fact that i had the touch and it was incompatible with GPS without external GPS hardware. In fact quite the opposite, both customer support and tech support said that telenav should work fine with the Touch as it is. I wonder if they are expecting the REV A./GPS update soon and have already advised tech support of the upgrade (i doubt it).

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Loman is a n00b
Re: Latest Version of Telenav

i have sprint navigation v2.0.11, which telenav makes but is just sprint branded. It came with the leaked sprint touch rom. Didnt notice any differences besides it being prettier in the menus.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mazpro is just getting started

maybe they were thinking that you had a bluetooth GPS. anyways I have it on my touch and i think I like it better than tomtom. only had it for a day though so well see after a couple of more days of usage.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

I installed the "leaked" Sprint Rom and don't see telenav anywhere or am I slightly blind.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loman View Post
i have sprint navigation v2.0.11, which telenav makes but is just sprint branded. It came with the leaked sprint touch rom. Didnt notice any differences besides it being prettier in the menus.
You don't by any chance want to post that cab do you?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
I installed the "leaked" Sprint Rom and don't see telenav anywhere or am I slightly blind.
It's called Sprint Navigation...
Old 05-15-2008, 01:02 PM
clh
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

clh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleMac View Post
Does anyone know the latest version number of telenav for the sprint touch? Under my "about" menu, it says "Sprint Navigation, Version: 1.0.21". Telenav works fine for me (when it actually decides to log in, which is most of the time) but i just want to have the most recent version. If this is not the most recent version, how do i download the newest version? Will there be any conflict between the newest version and my touch? I only have this version on my phone because its the one cooked into OMJs ROM (speaking of which, why did you cook this version into your ROM OMJ, is it simply because its the latest version - i'll have to post this in that subthread as well)?

By the way, i called sprint and had telenav activated on my touch, the rep didnt mention anything about the fact that i had the touch and it was incompatible with GPS without external GPS hardware. In fact quite the opposite, both customer support and tech support said that telenav should work fine with the Touch as it is. I wonder if they are expecting the REV A./GPS update soon and have already advised tech support of the upgrade (i doubt it).

Thanks.
Point your phone's browser to ota.telenav.com/ota/sn. this is the telenav version and I like it better than sprint navigaton by telenav.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)

gthsii is a n00b

i installed that telenav software...it only wants to find a blutooth GPS radio...how to get it to use the internal one?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

Loman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
You don't by any chance want to post that cab do you?
I would but dont know to create cabs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue