PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
How To's For Developing Q & A

This thread will be used to answer any question you have about the tutorials found in this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20550

Any post(s) not relating to one of the tutorials in the link above will be deleted.

If you want to thank the person who helped you or who originally did the tutorial, please give them !!!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

Last edited by budney; 05-09-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: How To's For Developing Q & A

JD....I just ported a SYS from a Kaiser ROM, everything went like cake.....is there a way to find the OS version without having to flash, then check the OS in about? That way you could quickly see if it's an older or newer version.

Last edited by OMJ; 03-14-2008 at 04:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04

The OS Version is set in the XIP, not the SYS. So if you just take the SYS folder, it shouldn't have any bearing on the CE OS Version. It is determined, depending on your setup, by the OS.nb.payload or .NBH file you are using when building the .nbh

However, I am also curious about how to find the OS Version without actually having to port the XIP and install, so hopefully someone can chime in.

like my work: donate a buck

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
The OS Version is set in the XIP, not the SYS. So if you just take the SYS folder, it shouldn't have any bearing on the CE OS Version. It is determined, depending on your setup, by the OS.nb.payload or .NBH file you are using when building the .nbh

However, I am also curious about how to find the OS Version without actually having to port the XIP and install, so hopefully someone can chime in.
well I've been using the same donor for each ROM (OEM Sprint WM6.0) and have used 3 different replacement 6.1 Kaiser SYS folders.....all 3 have different versions.

CE OS 5.2.19716 build 19716.1.0.0
CE OS 5.2.19199 build 19199.1.0.0
CE OS 5.2.19716 build 19188.1.0.0
Old 03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04

Have you changed what is in the ROM folder? i.e. Where the ROM\XIP\boot.rgu resides?

This is generally where the XIP lies. The CE OS Version is set by coredll.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:13 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
Have you changed what is in the ROM folder? i.e. Where the ROM\XIP\boot.rgu resides?

This is generally where the XIP lies. The CE OS Version is set by coredll.
no, I only ported over the SYS folder.....following JD's tutorial.

I would also like to know how to determine if a build is older/newer.

Last edited by OMJ; 03-16-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....what's the point of this thread, if you're not going to reply, JD?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

rmactivate.exe

This is assuming that your SYS is virgin and intact.

always helps to ask others.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Last edited by colonel; 03-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzz....what's the point of this thread, if you're not going to reply, JD?
...... hmmm ..... nah never mind
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

My take on all this ...... I have really never like to port xip or sys . Whenever I do a rom I like to use an "official" or "original" build ..... the only reason I've done any porting here lately was for wm6.1 ... in the past when I was making titan roms I tried getting into all of this and what happened was that when I brought over a xip or sys I also brought over the problems .......

The tutorials I wrote were just the quick way that I found to do this.......... the old way is very .... well sometimes it can be time consuming
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue