PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization setup

i ran into this issue as well, I found it to be an incompatible version of autorun. I took autorun from a kaiser, and all is well. check my oem folder in a few minutes
Old 03-14-2008, 06:47 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
i ran into this issue as well, I found it to be an incompatible version of autorun. I took autorun from a kaiser, and all is well. check my oem folder in a few minutes
thx....I see it in your folder....I'll give it a try....I was not using an OEM, just editing config.txt, then adding the SDAutoRun.exe....also, there's a new version of SDAutoRun out that does not require the relaxed security.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yeah, that is the new one, you can comment out the reg entries if you want. Either way, I dont think its SDautorun causing the issue, but autorun itself
Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

well thx ghettofreeryder for the OEM, but I'm getting the same results. but I have come to the conclusion, that this behavior is correct.

I'm assuming that AutoRun.exe, is launching config_operator.txt which contains:

Code:
LOCK:Enabled
CFG: \WINDOWS\config_PT.txt
So it runs config_PT.txt, which contains:

Code:
EXEC:\Windows\RUN_SPRINT_TSK.lnk
EXEC:\Windows\AddContacts.exe
CAB: \Windows\GetGL.CAB
CAB: \Windows\GroveMobile_pulgIn.sa.CAB
CAB: \Windows\SPCS GetOZ.CAB
CAB: \Windows\getmail.ppcwm5.Release.sprintmail_uninstall.CAB
CAB: \Windows\SprintTV_1_5_PPC_V_9-04-07RC7(wo setup).cab
CAB: \Windows\ondemand_6900_boot.arm.CAB
XML: \Windows\RemovePrograms.xml
EXEC:\Windows\ChgScutAttri.exe
CAB: \Windows\LiveSearch.cab
CAB: \Windows\SPCS_Mvsrt.CAB
CAB: \Windows\Today_pluginitem.CAB
CFG: \Windows\config.txt
so it loads all the sprint crap, then the last line points to the config.txt, which after being modified, contains:

Code:
LOCK:Disabled
EXEC: \Windows\SDAutoRun.exe
So really it's doing what it's suppose to do, but I do not want to run the config_PT.txt which has all the sprint crap. So I edited config_operator.txt to bypass the config_PT.txt & go straight to config.txt:

Code:
CFG: \Windows\config.txt
I could go straight to SDAutoRun.exe from the config_operator.txt but I wanted to test the config.txt setup......it's working as it should.

So for those of you that are not modifying the config_operator.txt, are you loading the sprint crap?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue