PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Need Help With Cleaning Out Sprint ROM

Thank you all for getting me on track with unlocking, flashing, & OEMS. Its easy to get, but the last time I really dived into this stuff was four years ago with my T-Mobile PPCPE. For me the next step is to clean out a Sprint ROM the way I want it. I have for the last week been searching and reading, but getting no where. I am just looking for a bone or a little push in the right direction. So if someone could just walk me through what is needed to remove a program or two so I can get an idea of how it's done would be awesome. My schedule is fairly open through next Tuesday. So if chat or IM is in order just let me know.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-05-2008, 05:42 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Need Help With Cleaning Out Sprint ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Thank you all for getting me on track with unlocking, flashing, & OEMS. Its easy to get, but the last time I really dived into this stuff was four years ago with my T-Mobile PPCPE. For me the next step is to clean out a Sprint ROM the way I want it. I have for the last week been searching and reading, but getting no where. I am just looking for a bone or a little push in the right direction. So if someone could just walk me through what is needed to remove a program or two so I can get an idea of how it's done would be awesome. My schedule is fairly open through next Tuesday. So if chat or IM is in order just let me know.
I have a really clean oem if you want to use it
Old 03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Mafamaticks is just getting started

I'm also trying to find out on how to clean out a rom instead of adding programs. I've been asking around for a while with no response on how to do so. I just stopped asking. Granted, I've gotten people to offer me clean OEMs, but I wanna learn how to actually remove some stuff. The most I've got from asking was it's a bit tricky.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
The Trend Setter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafamaticks View Post
I'm also trying to find out on how to clean out a rom instead of adding programs. I've been asking around for a while with no response on how to do so. I just stopped asking. Granted, I've gotten people to offer me clean OEMs, but I wanna learn how to actually remove some stuff. The most I've got from asking was it's a bit tricky.
What I've done in the past is just find a cab of all the programs included in the rom then just match up the files with whats in the cabs however the touch oem is a little different theres a thread over at xda that has all of the htc programs listed what I would do is download them make them into packages compare the file in the oemapps folder with what you have in the package some program like Enlarge startmenu have extra files that go with the program same with the touch keyboard
Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
I have a really clean oem if you want to use it
Could upload it to the FTP? If not, send me a copy.

BTW, I think I'm getting some where with the little bit of info you gave on your last post. I keep getting interrupted so it's taking a while.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:42 PM
The Trend Setter

Quote:
Could upload it to the FTP? If not, send me a copy.

BTW, I think I'm getting some where with the little bit of info you gave on your last post. I keep getting interrupted so it's taking a while.
alright will do
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Thank you!

I was able to get rid of the Enlarge StartMenu yesterday. I hope to nibble a way at some more today.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Mafamaticks is just getting started

I'll mess around with it to see what I can do.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I am getting a "Error building boot.hv" error. What is causing it?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
I am getting a "Error building boot.hv" error. What is causing it?
i dont know too much about this, but thought i would throw in what came to mind real fast (even though you probably already know this as basic info)

i would just recommend searching through the sys folder, and seeing what you can find in there. i dont use things such as: internet sharing, remote desktop, and bluetooth dun, so whenever i dl a rom to flash, i always first break it apart, then pick through the sys folder to delete those common 3 items, among others that i may not want.

obviously tho, jd's method is probably the way to go, although not knowing what to look for could potentially present a problem there.

as for seeing what is causing the "Error building boot.hv" error, go to the "temp" folder of your kitchen, and have a look at the log txt file, then go to the bottom of the text file and see what the last thing it was processing was - prob just a duplicate reg entry or something.

good luck!

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue