PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering Alltel Touch to Notebook...

What applications should I be using on the PC and phone to accomplish this via USB with the best performance and reliability?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
Re: Tethering Alltel Touch to Notebook...

I just use the internet sharing on the touch. It will pop up a new local network and then just use you fav explorer. Nothing else is needed.

Jay
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That cut and dry huh? Excellent.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

pdanet works really well too, worth a look
Old 03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Reasons to use over the included app?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The major reason I suggest pdanet is because there are reports that it masks tethering (carrier thinks its just the phone browsing) For people with plans that don't allow tethering, this would obviously be pretty awesome. I tried it, super easy to set up, and works well, but I'm still a little hesitant that I will get charged for tethering. Nothing extra showed up on my bill but I haven't used it since because i haven't needed to tether. Google pdanet and you will find tons of stories about it though. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I'm on a tethering plan, no worries for me.

Thank you both.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey guys, im with bell, and ive got the 7 bucks unlimited data, does pdanet mask that usage too? because my net at home is really crappy now, like takes 3 minutes to load up some simple webpages. not to worry tho, that just because my router is like 2 million miles away. but i mean, i dont want to be charged for tethering, but ive got the unlimited data plan that i use quite a lot even on my phone now, any advice for this poor fellow?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yah thats what I'm on (actually aliant) and I tried pdanet, worked (with BT too!), and no extra data charges. All I did was test it out by going to my email and a couple other pages but it seemed pretty fast. It works but I wouldn't go overboard with it, you use way more bandwidth on a computer than on your phone and they would probably realize something is up. That means torrents are probably not safe to do either. But I would check around on google, there are lots of posts on this particular issue. You might need to do some registry hacks too so they don't see it tethered (just google tethering, registry hack, htc touch, etc.). If you can't find them I can find them and post too, good luck
Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i tried searchin up google, but with keywords bell tethering no valuable information comes up, i mean im sort of lookin for hard proof that u can tether, plus I mean ive downloaded quite a few torrents with my phone and bell hasnt said anything, not yet at least but it would be nice if you could post some info that could help, meanwhile ill search it upp too...thanks in advance man
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue