PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 1
Carrier: sprint

fateisajester is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thinking about trading my touch for mogul

i have been doing research and am trying to find out all the bad things about the mogul.

aside from the size, weight and onboard memory, how is the touch superior?

I am seriously thinking about trading in my touch.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mr_e is just getting started
Re: thinking about trading my touch for mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fateisajester View Post
i have been doing research and am trying to find out all the bad things about the mogul.

aside from the size, weight and onboard memory, how is the touch superior?

I am seriously thinking about trading in my touch.
Isn't that enough?

Mogul has physical keyboard (if you need that sort of thing), irda, wifi, flash on the camera. If you believe what Sprint says then it will have rev. a and gps before the Touch. If any of those are must-have's for you then you can probably make a case.

I owned a Mogul for a week despite reading how many people jumped from the Mogul to the Touch and ended up in total agreement. I like the physical keyboard but I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought and the memory and overall package suits me better. -e.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fateisajester is a n00b

mogul already got its update i thought...didnt it?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Quote:
mogul already got its update i thought...didnt it?
It did get an update, mostly to fix things that were broken when it released it's first update Many people jumped to the Touch at that point. They did announce that they would release an update in early Q1 08 (and maybe they should have said Q1 0 that would enable gps and also have rev a.

That rom was made "unofficially" available if you look around for it. I'm not sure they ever got rev. a proved to be working in it, but gps is working for ppl from what I last read.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

spamftw is just getting started

I have owned both phones, and I prefer the touch. It's sleek.... it's smooth... and franky, it fits in my pocket better . The Mogul is a sloooww phone (don't get me wrong, flashing the rom will fix this, but with that said, the only difference between the two is hardware) The Mogul has WiFi, and the Touch is bringing sexy back. That's really all there is too it.

Oh... one software difference. If you really want OZ Im, the Mogul doesnt have a hacked version (but theres a million alternatives)
Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fateisajester is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamftw View Post
I have owned both phones, and I prefer the touch. It's sleek.... it's smooth... and franky, it fits in my pocket better . The Mogul is a sloooww phone (don't get me wrong, flashing the rom will fix this, but with that said, the only difference between the two is hardware) The Mogul has WiFi, and the Touch is bringing sexy back. That's really all there is too it.

Oh... one software difference. If you really want OZ Im, the Mogul doesnt have a hacked version (but theres a million alternatives)

im ok with the size and weight. they have pretty much the same processor so im sure any speed issues must be a software issue. so aside from the fact the touch is "sexier", the mogul is actually better?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

I have had both and the deal breaker for me is the keyboard. I had the ppc 6700 too, so I have been spoiled. The mogul does have more programs and hacks out there. As far as speed, flashing to a custom rom will put them on a fairly level playing field.,..

Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

i liked the mogul, but last week I switched to the Touch and I don't think I'll ever go back. The only thing I miss sometimes is the keyboard (but i'm getting used to the soft keyboard).

All of my programs run faster on the Touch and I can have multiple programs running at the same time without having to go into a memory manager and close them out just to open a new one.

The only time I used the WIFI on the mogul was when I was on a trip I used it to connect my laptop to the internet but I could do that through bluetooth or usb now.

Oh and the bluetooth on the mogul is terrible!!! I have the Motorola S9 and with the mogul I had to hold the phone above my waist for sound to not drop every other second. With the touch I can put it anywhere.

What is so bad about the Touch for you?

Just curious, I have had numerous lock-ups but most if not all have been with cooked roms/when running opera beta so it could just be the glitches in the software cause i wasn't getting them with the stock one.

edit: also the touch is sooo much smaller, when you look at them side by side it's not that big of a difference but walk around all day with them and you'll notice that the Touch fits so much nicer in your pocket and there is a giant bulge (lol, oh the jokes).

Last edited by shark1987; 03-04-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
im ok with the size and weight. they have pretty much the same processor so im sure any speed issues must be a software issue. so aside from the fact the touch is "sexier", the mogul is actually better?
No, the Touch has double the RAM that the Mogul has. It's not a software issue at all.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamftw View Post

and what makes the mogul slower than the touch? they have the same chipsets, and i don't seem to have a problem with mine. plus i wouldn't trade my hard keyboard for anything with an interface that limits so much of what i do. and i also wouldn't want anything that runs a fever pitch for no reason in my pocket either. and despite the ram issues with the mogul, i don't run that many programs on mine, cause it kills the battery even faster regardless of the size of it.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 03-04-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue