PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dfine1966 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Better Case for Sprint Touch!

The stock case is ok, but it is a pain to take out of my pocket, take the phone out of the pouch and then answer the phone. I always keep my phone in my pocket so I needs something that protects, still not bulky, but also able to access without taking it out of the case. I usually like leather cases, not hard cases.

I did find this case at WMExperts Store on the web for 24.95.
http://store.wmexperts.com/smartphon.../4A20A3348.htm

It's a Smartphone Experts CombiFlip Case for Sprint Touch. The case is made of premium leather and is specially designed for the Sprint Touch .

This case is multi-functional by letting you snap the front flip cover off to reveal a slim designed open front case so the entire screen and keyboard are accessible! When your ready to go out, just snap the flip top back on and your ready to go! The cover is engineered with a hinged bottom and has a sturdy snap closure to keep your Blackberry secure!

This case also offers device port openings, a pocket for business or credit cards, and a removable 360 degree swivel belt clip.

Features:

* Slim Design

* Headphone jack opening

* Microphone and speaker opening

* Easy access to keyboard

* 1 multi purpose pocket

* Top Quality full grain leather

* No plastic cover on screen or keyboard

The only downside I see to the case is that the cutout for the camera doesn't have a cutout for the mirror. Other than that it looks good. I included pictures of the case. Please let me know what you think, or is there a better option for me out there.

I do have a screen protector on there already but that is another subject. I already returned the invisibleshield full body for the Sprint Touch. It was a pain to put on and it looked terrible and it scratched. I order a boxwave crystal clear instead. I haven't gotten it yet though.

Look forward to some replies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (88.1 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (83.3 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (37.2 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Need Better Case for Sprint Touch!

Why not get a silicon case?
I just ordered one off of ebay, but the kiosk at the malls that sell phone accesories have a bunch also.
If you like boxwave, they have a great silicon case that also has a belt clip option.

Here's link to the FlexiSkin from boxwave.
http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...touch_2932.htm

The one I ordered from ebay is similar to the boxwave case.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What other options are there? What are you using on yours? Mind sharing your pictures?

I liked the Palm Leather Wrapped Plastic Holster for the Treo. I've seen some two piece ones listed on ebay for the Touch, but I don't think the quality is comparable.

I've seen lots of silicone skins, but don't know which are snug form fitting and which are not.

Any ideas suggestions?

Thanks,

-CC
Old 03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

NOTE:: All images are links to actual product!!

Here is a great website for Vogue accessories. I frequent this site because it seems there are never any REAL stores that I can just drive to and get accessories. http://www.daydeal.com/home.php?cat=3078

Here is what I use to protect my Sprint Touch:

It is only $12.99 and because it is from daydeal.com, it qualifies for free shipping and no tax within the contiguous 48 United States.

I use this case in conjunction with this screen protector:

It is made by cleartouch and is made to specifically fit the HTC Touch's screen perfectly. It comes in a three pack and is $27.95
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nice ones thanks for the link.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

hey do those silicone skins stay on nice and tight or do they slip around?

edit: also, does having the buttons covered up inhibit their function at all?

Last edited by earthdan; 03-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

http://www.noreveusa.com/brand/HTC/p...ther_case.html

Noreve has some very nice cases. I have one for my Archos 605. They're a little pricey, but they look and feel like expensive cases. Very elegant.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdan View Post
hey do those silicone skins stay on nice and tight or do they slip around?

edit: also, does having the buttons covered up inhibit their function at all?
As for the phone buttons, having them covered doesn't inhibit their use too much, it seems you might need to press a little harder but that's no big deal to me.

A big thing for me: Notice how the area under the screen is notched so as not to make the cube unusable.

I really like the combination of the silicone case and the screen protector because it protects everything and the silicone case keeps the screen protector from peeling up when I slip the phone into my pocket.

The nicest thing I think is that the case fits snug.(at least mine does) and doesn't slip around too much. All in all a very nice fitting combination and definitely worth the money.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)

davidjospehman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to davidjospehman Send a message via Yahoo to davidjospehman

I got this and love it...I dropped my TOUCH on the ground and it protected the unit and it still fits in the leather case you get when you buy the Touch.

http://www.thecellshop.net/Shop/Cont...id/0/SFV/31796

Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
As for the phone buttons, having them covered doesn't inhibit their use too much, it seems you might need to press a little harder but that's no big deal to me.

A big thing for me: Notice how the area under the screen is notched so as not to make the cube unusable.

I really like the combination of the silicone case and the screen protector because it protects everything and the silicone case keeps the screen protector from peeling up when I slip the phone into my pocket.

The nicest thing I think is that the case fits snug.(at least mine does) and doesn't slip around too much. All in all a very nice fitting combination and definitely worth the money.
thanks for that, I've just ordered myself the same case.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue