PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 now HTC Titan6800 now I'm using the Touch(6900)-8gig micro sd card s2u2 with motorola T505
Carrier: Alltel

SidDuced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new Motorola t505 portable bluetooth/fm transmitter

Man I dont know if any1 has tried this yet. It is the bomb, just got mine in yesturday and been messing with it. Don't see how any1 would want anything less after using this.http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=20669
Old 03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Re: new Motorola t505 portable bluetooth/fm transmitter

second that. i got a test model from Best Buy.
if it passes the trucker test ie speakerphone in a semi driving down the highway, i'll return it to BB and order one online for a -much- better price.
but so far, yup, it works as advertised and stuff.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Wow, that thing looks pretty cool, I might be interested in getting one too and say goodbye to OnStar Calling lol.

One question though, how's the sound quality of playing mp3s through it? My wife had a Fusic and it had quite a bit of static.

What's the battery life like too?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker

bvinson is a n00b

I have tried both the T505 and the Venturi Mini
http://www.myventuri.com

What I have found is that the T505 is MUCH better than the Venturi. Music sounds good through the stereo, and the fact that it will suggest what stations are best is a very good thing. Also, most people I talk to cant even tell I'm on a speakerphone. The Venturi on the other hand did not work as well with phone calls.I think the fact that the T505 clips right above you on the visor is major plus in that regard. The Venturi sits at a further distance since it has to plug into a cigarette lighter adapter, and that makes it sound like you are on a speakerphone in most cases. I used the T505 for about 5 hours straight today on a road trip and had no issues with the battery. Another plus for the T505 is that it comes with a car charger, and the charger for the T505 also charges the Touch.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

I ordered one, just waiting for it to be shipped.

Newegg has it really cheap, but they're out of stock.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Retired Staff

Newegg has it in stock now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=75-982-146
Old 03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

telsea is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
second that. i got a test model from Best Buy.
if it passes the trucker test ie speakerphone in a semi driving down the highway, i'll return it to BB and order one online for a -much- better price.
but so far, yup, it works as advertised and stuff.

Please report back your findings on your trucker test.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Retired Staff

According to everything I've read, it does support A2DP. If it comes tomorrow I'll let you know
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Retired Staff

I tested it out on my way home today. While I'm no trucker, I can still put in my experience.

Caller's voice through stereo - Sounds loud and clear, the only breakups were in weak signal (phone) spots. No fluctuation in voice.

Music though stereo - Sounds pretty good. I had some fluctuation in volume, not sure if it was the FM transmitter or the phone (since I've never used A2DP on my Touch before). I did the A2DP reg hack, so I'll try it again tomorrow. Except for that fluctuation it sounded good.

My voice to the caller - My parents said I sounded like I was in a box, but I was still clear and they could understand me. They said it sounded better than it does when I call from OnStar.

I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping it, but I'll try it out more in the next couple of days.

When doing the FM scanner, it seems really quick, so I'm not sure if it scans all of the frequencies or just announces the first clear one because so far they've all been lower than 91.3 for me.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bblackmon is a n00b

This is a top-shelf product. Good sound quality through built in speaker or FM, although FM connection is more trouble than its worth to me and you cant listen to another station. Visor clip is very nice. It stays in place and you just slide the unit out for charging to take with you at night.

Does anyone use in conjunction with a BT GPS unit? I do along with Tom Tom and everytime a call comes in or I make a call, GPS BT connection drops for a while (20 seconds to a minute or so), then comes back. Anyone else experience?

Also, anyone using the T505 with MS Voice Command? Do you initiate calls on the phone to avoid the BT confirmation bug in WM6? Any other solutions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue