PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kickinch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To's?

Everybody really seems to know what they are talking about but there is one problem...what about the people who dont. Everyone posts these elaborate programs like the cube config and all this other stuff but no one posts how to use them or anything about where to find them in your phone and its frustrating me because i attempted to make a 6-sided cube but i have no idea where to even begin because no one explains anything!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

rycelover is just getting started
are you serious? Most if not all of us come on to these forums knowing absolutely nothing about PPC's and have learned from reading the posts. There is a sticky in the forum on how to configure your own customized cube. Try reading it, if you haven't already; then if you still don't understand, post a question in that thread. If what you're looking for is someone to hold your hand and walk you through the whole process, i doubt that you'll get many offers. So either you can take the plunge and read about it and find a solution [and post your success story here], or you can wait for someone to post a complete how-to DIY customization. Your choice. I think you'll get better satisfaction learning how to do it yourself. Oh, and happy holidays and welcome to the forum.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinch View Post
Everybody really seems to know what they are talking about but there is one problem...what about the people who dont. Everyone posts these elaborate programs like the cube config and all this other stuff but no one posts how to use them or anything about where to find them in your phone and its frustrating me because i attempted to make a 6-sided cube but i have no idea where to even begin because no one explains anything!!!!!!!!
That's because most of us that do know, learned from years of using and tweaking PDA's and from tons of reading and searching and then some more reading and searching and then some more reading and searching.

There's not much else you can do, you have to start somewhere. You need to learn how to install programs from a .cab or an .exe on a PDA, you need to learn how to do registry edits, you need to learn how to use file explorers and where certain things are on your ppc and so on and so on. Just search here and on google and so forth.

As for the cube config, not much to using it it's really a very simple yet Outstanding program. Not sure why you can't find CubeConfig, it's listed in the programs once installed.
You just need to know what file you are going to put your icons in, and the pathway to the .exe or shortcut of the programs you want to link to.

Not trying to be mean or anything but a lot of what's discussed and used on this board isn't for the everyday casual user and requires YOU to put an effort into it, if you want to use it and get the benefits.
Everybody who knows what they are doing has had to pay their dues in time and effort to learn.

P.S. don't get discouraged just hang in there and read and search and if you still can't find info, ask.

Last edited by Primenall; 12-25-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue