PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting Internet Problem with Touch

I have been losing internet connectivity on my touch intermittantly. I open PIE or WP or flexmail and it just sits there. If I open opera mini or ftp, it works as normal. It appears the ddns server is working fine because pie passes the looking up phase and errors outon the connection phase. When it was happening I also did a hard reset, and it still happened so I think it is on sprints end.

Any idea what might cause this?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i have noticed stuff like this too. i dont use anything but PIE but seems like the same thing. didn't know if it was sprint or the touch.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

tspinning is a n00b
The past few days I have noticed the stock weather app in HTC Home (Sprints) doesn't update or couldn't make the connection, however if I went to PIE and hit refresh I could get internet fine. I did a hard reboot and rebuild yesterday as I figured it was some apps (SNES ROM) I put on that messed it up, I have been having (knocks on wood) better luck post hard reset, but still, I think Sprint has some issues with our connections...
Old 12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Well at least its not just me. The first month and a half its been great. These last couple of weeks however, I have been plagued with this.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
I have posted about this exact problem. If I am not mistaking, I think the title of my post was "Bad internet on touch?". I noticed it first week i had phone and still happening even today. One Possible solution: someone responded that when it happens to them they would turn flight mode on on then off to recycle the data connection. Ive tried this and it seems to work everytime as I have been able to access the web each time I recylce the connection. Maybe we an get more info on this issue and find a solution once and for all. Might need to be included in a software update.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

psvillars is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psvillars
i too am having this problem but i think its a bug in wm6 more so than the device or sprint in my view because i also have an apache running wm6 and have the same problem i found that just killing the data connection corrects it so that being said does anyone know the hack to add the disconnect to the vision bubble? thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2007, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

rmhale is a n00b
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
i too am having this problem but i think its a bug in wm6 more so than the device or sprint in my view because i also have an apache running wm6 and have the same problem i found that just killing the data connection corrects it so that being said does anyone know the hack to add the disconnect to the vision bubble? thanks in advance
psvillars -

While I don't have the Apache I do have both the HTC Touch and also the HTC Mogul and have found the problem is happening on both devices... Seems to me what works is a complete power down then up... Seems to me also to be the data connection...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

psvillars is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psvillars
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhale View Post
psvillars -

While I don't have the Apache I do have both the HTC Touch and also the HTC Mogul and have found the problem is happening on both devices... Seems to me what works is a complete power down then up... Seems to me also to be the data connection...
well the reason i think its a bug with wm6 is because with my apache before upgrading i had no problems so maybe if anyone has a wm5 device lets see if same problem occurs
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

If anyone loses the data conenction, before you kill the connection to get it back, try to use Opera Mini or Total Commander FTP. Both of those programs work all the time for me and that is why I am baffled. It would be interesting to see if others report the same.

I think it has something to do with Sprint and their towers, because as I state earlier, for the first month, this phone was solid.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

xxza is becoming a great contributor
I had the same problem. My HTC Weather can not update and PIE can not connect to internet sometimes.

However, opera mini can connect to internet all the time.

I heard that opera mini connects to internet thru some proxy server,while PIE connects to internet directly. Does this make the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I have been losing internet connectivity on my touch intermittantly. I open PIE or WP or flexmail and it just sits there. If I open opera mini or ftp, it works as normal. It appears the ddns server is working fine because pie passes the looking up phase and errors outon the connection phase. When it was happening I also did a hard reset, and it still happened so I think it is on sprints end.

Any idea what might cause this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue