PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

sandman512 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question on Slide 2 Unlock

Is there a way to use this program in conjunction with my existing setup. What I am trying to say, I like my screen and they way it is all configured, I would like to have just the Slide to Unlock feature. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
the answer is yes, this program wont 'undo' any thing you've setup, it will just work on top of it during the time you specify (like each time you turn your phone off, it will come on the next time you turn the phone back on) or you can even have it come on as soon as the backlight dims. You can set it to your preferences. Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions.

There's a new updated version that just came out yesterday:

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/s2u2.shtml
Old 12-22-2007, 03:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Settings screen takes several min to load, then locks up the phone... and i keep getting a s2u2 is not certified error, or whatever, when it trys to start...
Old 12-22-2007, 03:33 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yea i just hard resetted thge other night and now s2u2 .85 and the new .95 versions give me that same error.it has always worked in the past...

Old 12-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Well first off, to fix the black screen issue, i just oppned the S2U2 settings, and turned the screen off then on, moved down, off then on, moved down, off then on and turned off direct draw, then clicked yes, off then on, and clicked yes... and then it works... i know you can turn it off via the registry, bu thats the ghetto way i did it... as for the error, it went away without me fixing anything, so i dunno... maybe a reboot?

***EDIT***
This is how to turn off direct draw if you get the black screen in the settings app... there is also a reg key for it
HKCU\Software\A_C\S2U2\DirectDraw - set to 0
.95 works well

Last edited by divxrippimp; 12-24-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

tspinning is a n00b
I would uninstall the new, remove all registry settings (as the old ones might have carried over if you did an update) I noticed that after my first install of S2U2 I had the same issue w/ settings screen not working, I uninstalled, and reinstalled many times prior to realizing that the registry settings never got removed after uninstalls so, I blew away the whole AC reg entry and the next reinstall it worked great.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

violent23 is a n00b
This may be off topic, but what do you guys use slide to unlock for. The screen turns off I hit the power button and I have to slide to get to my main screen. Why not just not have slide to unlock and wait for the screen to go off. Then when you hit the power button it's at the today screen. It seems like it's just one more step to get to what I need. If I am missing something please let me know. I am not trying to have a go, I just want to understand.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tspinning is a n00b
i had it setup only on power on so if the phone came on in my pocket i won't end up calling half my phonebook
Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
I never had any problems with it on my mogul and it works just as fine on my touch. Oh yea, u should almost always turn off directdraw. Doesnt do anything but cause problems for most
Old 12-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker

Tinny0wnsU is a n00b
how do u turn of direct draw
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue