PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like a battery door without a camera visible?
Yes, but as thin as possible. I wouldn't mind a tiny thickened area. 11 27.50%
Yes, but as stock looking as possible. I wouldn't mind the overall thickness increasing a tiny bit. 21 52.50%
No, I'm afraid to remove the battery door as it is. 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Door without opening for Camera,New Product Request for Seidio or anyone else

Since the Touch has a complete back shell that can be replaced, I would love to have the option to use a third party battery door that has the camera kept covered, and not visible.

This new door would be great for those that ever bring their phone into high security situations, would rather not draw attention to their camera part of their phone, or for a covering that protects the camera.

For those in high security work, the camera can be physically hidden along with the disabling of the camera.

I really don't like the trend of PDA Phones no longer being available in the XX01 option like they used to (remember 6600 and 6601?)

Not everyone wants a Blackberry. C'mon, sound off here if you are interested in a battery door that covers and hides the camera.

Are you listening, Seidio?

If need be, I'll do some photoshopping to show what this battery door should look like, I do realize for a seamless look, the area where the camera is will have to be a little thicker, perhaps it would be best if the thicker area went all the way across left to right. Or if people want a perfectly flat back, the entire battery door would be a tiny bit thicker (looks to be about a millimeter at most) An extra bonus of the slightly thicker battery door, would be that the Seidio 1500mAh battery will no longer be such a tight fit.

-Ed
Old 12-19-2007, 03:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
youd have to increase the overall thickness by maybe like you said 1mm. Itd look obvious with only one little section raised.

Best bet to make it look as stock as possible is a totally flat door like the stock, just 1mm thicker to cover over the camera module.

Its a good idea some 3rd party vendor should jump on.
Yeah, since it's only 1 mm at most, I think an overall thickness increase would be best. It would be such a tiny increase in size, the vast majority of people wouldn't notice unless they put another Touch with a stock battery door side by side.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
In for one from whoever makes it.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
I think this poll is a bit scewed. The only way to say No is "I am afraid", there really should be an option that says, No, I like having a camera" Non the less, I think having an option to cover the camera is a good idea, there are times I have to leave my phone to go into areas that would be nice to have the option to just cover it up.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Come to think of it, another nice thing (for the potential manufacturer) is that this new battery door can be universal, and not specific to the GSM or CDMA version.

The area inside can be made to accommodate both the GSM and CDMA's different camera placements. And perhaps the speaker port can be placed somewhere in between the two, or the grill area can be larger to keep enough of an open area for both versions.

-Ed
Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Come to think of it, another nice thing (for the potential manufacturer) is that this new battery door can be universal, and not specific to the GSM or CDMA version.

The area inside can be made to accommodate both the GSM and CDMA's different camera placements. And perhaps the speaker port can be placed somewhere in between the two, or the grill area can be larger to keep enough of an open area for both versions.

-Ed
a universal door is a good idea, however, any new door would have to be specific to the CDMA or GSM version. Sprint's Touch is slightly taller than the GSM version...and i'm speaking from experience.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
I emailed and pm'd this thread to seidio, woot!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
a universal door is a good idea, however, any new door would have to be specific to the CDMA or GSM version. Sprint's Touch is slightly taller than the GSM version...and i'm speaking from experience.
Did you measure them with calipers? It would seem unlikely that HTC would make two completely different platforms between GSM and CDMA versions. Having some shared parts saves a lot of money.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

jamesklyne is a n00b
I would like a place to stick extra microSD cards inside of it, but don't want the camera covered.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Lurker

abward is a n00b
jamesklyne,

Just lay your extra card on top the battery. It is snug, but fits.

To the OP,

I don't know about this...isn't it sneaky and deceptive to have a "hidden" camera on your phone that is accessible just by removing this new battery cover? It seems to me your company would be more suspicious about discovering a covert camera.

If you really cannot have a camera, then your phone should not have the hardware, period.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue