PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
DSOD - touch - almost daily - anyone else?

as my user name says it all, i am a fan of ppc. i have had my issues but the DSOD is the worst. i have know idea how many calls i have missed due to the phone being like this. it is driving me crazy.

i have gotten a DSOD almost every day since my 30 day return policy expired. sometimes i would get 2 or 3 DSOD's. i started friday and did a hard reset and just ran the stock apps. in fact i didn't even load the sprint tv, on demand, or IM apps. the only thing i have running is my push email (4smartphone). i dont know if something is wrong with my phne or not. it has been droped once before but that was 3 weeks before i had any problems. i think i will go and get it swaped out at the service and repair center today. what a pain.

has anyone else been getting this DSOD on there touch?

thanks, cody
Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

agfazio is a n00b
I am a noob. What is a DSOD?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
Dark Screen of Death. and I have gotten it once. It was just sitting there. I think my battery may have gotten low causing it but I'm not sure. I did a soft reset and all was better after that. let me know how that turns out for you. I'm still in my 30 day window and not sure if I want to keep the touch or the motoq9c sprint sent me both to evaluate. there are things I like about each.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
the things i know were NOT the problems where...

battery... i have two OEM batteries. i switch out when i get home for the afternoon shift. i really never get below 50%. the one today was with a 90% battery.

apps... nothing but stock. and most of those have never been ran.

memory card... i use this just for storage. really only access it like once a week. no apps one the card. just backup cabs and important docs.

reg edits.... the last two weeks i have been running the device with NO red edits what so ever.

thanks, cody
Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
I've experienced it a handful of times. I'm sure the next firmware update will fix this issue.

--James
Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I got tired of mine DSODing so I exchanged it within the 30 day limit. Its been a week now and no problems at all. The original phone had a manufacture date of 10/17/07, the new one has a manufacture date of 11/09/07. Maybe HTC had a few bad factory runs in October and now have it straightened out. if you do a ##786# you'll be able to view the manufacture date. I have a feeling that HTC had enough complaints they may have quitely fixed a problem in the manuacture process.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

just got it swaped out. manufacture date of 12/4. we'll see how it goes. mine was one of the first ones. got it the day before release. 11/3
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Lurker

biscoradio is a n00b
Mine was manufactured 11/8/07 and I've been getting the DSOD more often lately (twice yesterday, but once while it was on)... My memory card also loses stuff.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tangelo699 is a n00b
I have mine since mid november. Lots of apps loaded and modified registery. Stock battery - charge every night. Not one DSOD yet!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelo699 View Post
I have mine since mid november. Lots of apps loaded and modified registery. Stock battery - charge every night. Not one DSOD yet!
Smile and knock wood when you say that!!!
Just Kidding..
I had the same problem and exchanged mine for a manu date of 11/25 and no issues at all...
Have it tweaked out and unlocked and maybe once in a blue moon get a lock up or slow down...

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue