PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crd22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue users left....

I am still actively using my Vogue, a bit over two years later.
I have been eligible for an upgrade on VZW for months now, but I want to wait for a good WP7 device, preferably something like the TP2/Arrive with LTE support (basically future-proofing for the two years I'm "stuck" with the phone).

When something good comes like that comes (prolly not till the end of this year, beginning of next), I'll happily retire my Vogue from daily use; though I will definitely not get rid of it.

It started getting quirky the past few days, so I decided to flash NFSFan's ROM again and also unlock the GPS at the same time. This should keep me happy for a good time now.

Last edited by crd22; 05-30-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor

You do whatever works for you but - I do want to say something about "good" hardware (alluding that Trophy is not)...

It is not a LTE device, sure...

It IS a good, actually great device. It has many good things going for it; it runs WP7 (and will run Mango) with ease and is a joy to use. It is not too big (I think HD7 is) and fits very nicely in the hand. It is solidly built (unlike cheap plastic feel of Focus for example) and it is not too heavy.

The bad: it has a so-so screen, but it is not bad actually, it is just not latest and greatest. Only 1300 mah battery? Hmmm... it still does a day duty for me, with wireless and location on. The camera is okay, but not great.

But - it is on VZW network which is a #1 feature I ask of the phone.

For me, BTW, LTE is not something I care for, as I don't need to be paying that much for data! You sure you want to go there?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crd22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy292000 View Post
You do whatever works for you but - I do want to say something about "good" hardware (alluding that Trophy is not)...

It is not a LTE device, sure...

It IS a good, actually great device. It has many good things going for it; it runs WP7 (and will run Mango) with ease and is a joy to use. It is not too big (I think HD7 is) and fits very nicely in the hand. It is solidly built (unlike cheap plastic feel of Focus for example) and it is not too heavy.

The bad: it has a so-so screen, but it is not bad actually, it is just not latest and greatest. Only 1300 mah battery? Hmmm... it still does a day duty for me, with wireless and location on. The camera is okay, but not great.

But - it is on VZW network which is a #1 feature I ask of the phone.

For me, BTW, LTE is not something I care for, as I don't need to be paying that much for data! You sure you want to go there?
I don't doubt that the Trophy is a good device as WP7's minimum specs are pretty well, but I kinda want a phone with a nice keyboard (like the TP2). I'd definitely get a TP2 if I could get it without data, but if I'm going to get a data plan, I'd rather have a newer, better phone.
That said, I thought LTE service on VZW was the same as regular data service? I thought I saw once on an add that data for the Thunderbolt was only $30/month (*same as regular data). Anyway, VZW's dropping unlimited data, so hopefully the pricing will go down a little and 4G stays the same.
As for my justification for getting an LTE device...
1) I'll be paying for data, might as well be paying for the best (esp. if the price is the same)
2) I'll have this phone for two years at least; I want to "future-proof" my phone as best I can
3) VZW's LTE network is actually expanding rather quickly and there is a great chance that I will be covered within a year, let alone two

p.s. WP7 is looking even more pretty to me now that my Vogue is acting up... grrr...

*just verified this, and the current data plan pricing for 3G and 4G phones is the same - $29.99/month; one would presume (and hope) that the equal pricing would remain when they move to tiered data, but that is unforseeable.

Last edited by crd22; 06-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

overtheair is just getting started

Still using the Vogue as one of my two main phones. I use about 5-6 GB of data on it per month - web browsing and streaming audio from the net, and for bluetooth and usb tethering to a laptop.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fastzipperus is a n00b

Anyone else having trouble tethering using the htc touch on Sprint. Been using the built in Internet Sharing with the proper reg edits for 2 years now with a windows pc and all of a sudden it stopped working. It will still connect with the computer and show as connected on the phone but it show as "no internet access" on the computer or shows "internet access" but the web page will time out. Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix? I've tried hard resetting the phone and still nothing.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fastzipperus is a n00b

Did the Windows Network diagnostics and the Problems found were "The DNS server isn't responding" how do I fix this?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

It's kind of sad seeing the Vogue slowly fade away like this. It was my introduction to HTC phones and WM and I learned a lot from doing the system mods and taskbars on it...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

Does_It_Matter is a n00b

Still use mine as a mini tablet.

E-reader, some games, etc.

Saves the battery on my LG Optimus S.

Also a good test bed for Android software.

If I'm not sure I'll like the software for my main phone, I'll find some type of APK and flash it on the Touch, and if I don't like it, I didn't add garbage to my primary phone.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Does_It_Matter View Post
...my LG Optimus S...
How's the operation of those 4 hardware buttons at bottom of your Optimus S, smooth with no misses or double takes? They sure feel real nice on the dummy fake phones available at stores. The main thing I'm wondering: Do any of your games or other software make use of the buttons? My interest is having user defined music player functions mapped to those buttons. Thanks for any info, even though I'm probably sticking with my Vogue (actually Vogues).

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 06-24-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

Does_It_Matter is a n00b

The buttons still work fine on my Vogue.

Most of the games I play are purely touch-screen

Bubble blast series - sudoku - bejeweled clones - etc.

For a media player - I have Winamp installed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue