PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache (retired), Vogue (killed), Titan
Carrier: Verizon

chris187 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chris187 Send a message via Skype™ to chris187
Killed Radio After Flash.

Hey guys i was hoping to get some advice.
I got a us cellular vogue from a buddy of mine which i flashed to custom rom and updated radio for use with verizon. with the 2.31 unlocker. everything was working even gps except evdo data i was getting a ppp error. so i thought if i flashed to the stock verizon rom it could fix it. Bad Idea.. it stopped at about 10% of the flash and went to recovery mode which didnt finish either. so i ended up reflashing the custom rom i used before which finished but i noticed when it came on the phone was off. Now it stays off and when i turn it on it says no service. i eventually got it to flash the official roms. ive tried them all; verizon sprint us cellular all get the same radio problem phone always off. So if anybody could help me out or tell me i cant fix it id appreciate it. ive spent about 5 days flashing trying different unlockers. no luck. thanks in advance
Chris
Old 09-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

down below in my signature is a link to Vogue radios. try flashing one of them. or get a stock alltel Rom and try it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chris187 is a n00b
Re: Killed Radio After Flash.

thanks for the reply. i tried the 3 radio's in the rar file in your signature. still got the same result phone always off. then i extracted what i thought was the radio from RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH which was Special_4350_For_Alltel.nbh now it hangs on the htc screen and at the bottom it says no radio in red.

I put the 3.42.40 radio on so it would get back in the os installed the .40 unlocker flashed a 1.xx radio and a stock verizon rom still same result phone off. i think i killed it.

Last edited by chris187; 09-03-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Changed mind
Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris187 View Post
thanks for the reply. i tried the 3 radio's in the rar file in your signature. still got the same result phone always off. then i extracted what i thought was the radio from RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH which was Special_4350_For_Alltel.nbh now it hangs on the htc screen and at the bottom it says no radio in red.

I put the 3.42.40 radio on so it would get back in the os installed the .40 unlocker flashed a 1.xx radio and a stock verizon rom still same result phone off. i think i killed it.
There are ways to fix it unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to type it all out again. I help a user about 7 months ago with a similar issue. Basically you bricked the radio portion of the phone. You can try to flash the shipped ROM from the carrier, or even try a shipped Sprint ROM but at this point it must be a Non GPS ROM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chris187 is a n00b

thanks again for the advice. now I know its fixable. ill try searching for a bricked radio thread. maybe I can find something.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: NYB

Old Faithful is just getting started

Good luck. I killed the radio on mine trying to revert to pre-unlocking condition with OEM ROM. In other words, unlocking is not reversible on GPS enabled phones and at the time, ImCokeMan warned against it. To this day I don't understand why he did not make it fully reversible like he did the unlocker for the pre-GPS enabled radio ROMs.

If, however, like whitey10tc seems to be saying, it is possible to revert directly to a pre-GPS enabled Radio OEM ROM, then it should be possible to get the phone back to OEM condition, because unlocking is reversible with the pre-GPS ROM unlocker.

If you succeed, please let us know how you did it. Lack of the possibility for full reversal to original OEM condition is IMO a fatal flaw that overrides every possible attempt at improvement.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chris187 is a n00b

thanks for the info old faithful. I think I've tried everything I can do. not sure what to do next. no matter what I do still get no service..grrr
Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

down below in my signature is a link to Vogue radios. try flashing one of them. or get a stock alltel Rom and try it.
Please advise me of the method required to flash the radio.
Can it be placed on the sc card?
What do I name the file? (VOGUE.nbh)?

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

scotttr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
Please advise me of the method required to flash the radio.
Can it be placed on the sc card?
What do I name the file? (VOGUE.nbh)?
name the file voguimg.nbh
put it on a micro sd card, 2gb or less, formated fat32.
put the phone in bootloader and it should start
Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: bell

spuzzum is a n00b

mtty.exe
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue