PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

ArtGeek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Help for newbie to customization/upgrading

So my HTC Touch (vogue? MP6900) on Bell Mobility in Canada is becoming non-functional due to the lag on WM6.1. I haven't done any unlocking or customization, but after calling Bell today, a very friendly cs rep told me to try this forum and attempted to explain the process for getting a new OS on my Touch. I am great with computers, but phones are new to me.

Basically, I am seeking a functional and non-bogged down system with basic functionality such as GPS, Internet explorer or similar, auto mail retrieval, a simpler dialing function (the stock function is terrible beyond words and works after pressing the talk button about 10 times), and just basic customization. I just basically want a phone that works properly.

Any guidance would be excellent. I'm in the process of backing up my stuff and I am ready to roll.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Help for newbie to customization/upgrading

If you want to unlock your Vogue and flash a custom rom to it I suggest you do lots of reading. The more you learn about how your device works the happier you will be with it.
Here is a great FAQ for the Vogue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508544

It is getting dated but has lots of great info in it and there are plenty of great roms available to you.
Good Luck!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue