PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for that. Hadn't seen your butt...I mean, the holster like that before.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
LOL, you like? hahaha

Yeah, I hook mine to my pocket, not my belt. My beer gut dunlaped over my belt and phones on my belt dig into it.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.

Last edited by Polen; 11-14-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wickedklown is just getting started
BAH!! thats not a holster! thats more like a fanny pack

Dummy me i should of said the snap in style holster with the swivel ratchet

LOL thanks for the pics. Ya those are bad if you got a keg instead of a 6pack, like us.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
ok, some newbie questions. im coming from a q so im familiar with winmo, but there seems to be a lot of differences b/tw smartphone and professional

1) how do i customize the programs in the launcher tab? i saw the htc home customizer thread but im not sure what all can be done with that?

2) are there better voice command programs available? i was kinda surprised to see voice tags, i miss my voicesignal!

3) is there a thread/resource with different reg edits? i like my programs sorted as a list, but id assume the reg edit i used to do this on my q is diffferent

4) is there a better contact manager? i like pocketcm, but its not playing nicely with my touch

thanks guys!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
@Polen: Why would you need a stylist?!? Hahaha

I know what you mean, I have not used my stylus at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
what programs are preinstalled in touch that are fingerflick ?
Depends on what you exactly mean. If you mean what apps can be scrolled with your finger, almost anything can be used with it. There aren't any real cool things perinstalled, but I have used finger scrolling with most of my apps.

The only one that does not work with it and comes with the phone is SprintTV since it seems to be more of a Flash-like based interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
ok, some newbie questions. im coming from a q so im familiar with winmo, but there seems to be a lot of differences b/tw smartphone and professional

1) how do i customize the programs in the launcher tab? i saw the htc home customizer thread but im not sure what all can be done with that?

2) are there better voice command programs available? i was kinda surprised to see voice tags, i miss my voicesignal!

3) is there a thread/resource with different reg edits? i like my programs sorted as a list, but id assume the reg edit i used to do this on my q is diffferent

4) is there a better contact manager? i like pocketcm, but its not playing nicely with my touch

thanks guys!
1) No need for the customizer. The customizer can be used for it, but it's more for how the plugin looks. The Launcher tab has an X icon, you click it and go into Delete mode. Then you can remove the shortcuts; after exiting the Delete mode, click on an empty shortcut an you will be prompted to add a new one there.

2) I read of someone installing MS Voice Command, however, it seems to have the same issues as it had on the Mogul. Which to be sincere, I don't remember what they were.

3) Yes, read the FAQs Sticky to find links to threads with helpful apps and reg edits.

4) I think I recall reading that there's a reg edit to make PocketCM work better. You can also try VITO's Funcontact or I also use the one on Agenda One.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
thanks pibe. i cant believe i missed the x icon in the launcher, stupid n00b!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
@Polen: Why would you need a stylist?!? Hahaha

I know what you mean, I have not used my stylus at all.
LOL, darn spell check doesn't correct using the wrong word.

Well, my wife says I dress sloppy, so I guess I don't use a stylist either.

-Polen

Last edited by Polen; 11-14-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

dawilliams660 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dawilliams660 Send a message via Yahoo to dawilliams660
You guys are making me so jealous I’m trying so hard to get the Touch it ain’t funny, sprint keeps on sending me to the insurance and they keep on telling me they can only send me the Mogul, has anyone run into this problem, I would love to get the Touch…….Any help would be great

-D
Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawilliams660 View Post
You guys are making me so jealous I’m trying so hard to get the Touch it ain’t funny, sprint keeps on sending me to the insurance and they keep on telling me they can only send me the Mogul, has anyone run into this problem, I would love to get the Touch…….Any help would be great

-D
Read the other threads with hundres of replies with others' conversations with Sprint. Please don't hijack this thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Just got the Touch, some questions

I just got the touch to replace the Mogul, and I have some questions.

1. Sprint TV initially didn't work, it just didn't load any channel until just now a pop-out window notifying me of upgrade. I did and it worked. The upgrade file looks the same as what I used on the Mogul, but on Mogul after this upgrade every channel unlocked. I subscribed nothing but had the access to every single channel in Sprint TV. But on Touch it worked properly, only very few free channels.

2. I finally realized why people complained about the stock keyboard getting in the way when typing. I got the same problem when setting up the email accounts. Nothing can be scolled up since it's just a plain page. I have to type in blind for the password. Is there any way to go around this? 3rd party software?

3. Can we also use the soft reset after hard reset trick to get rid of the pre-load crap ware? For me, only the Sprint TV is useful and I can always install it later. But I don't know if this would affect the Touchflo and the cube? Anyone tried?

Afterall, it's really tiny and solid built, better than the Mogul. However, in terms of PDA functions, Mogul wins without any doubt.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue