PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue 6900, SGS9000i Android 4
Carrier: Bell

edgarpoe is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Internet Sharing disconnects

hey i'm using 23506 v4 (absolute best ROM!!! in my opinion) on my bell vogue and Internet Sharing disconnects on me every 10 min's or so. i noticed that mobsync (vista) kept showing up at the same time this was happening so i tried uninstalling it, but it still disconnects and closes off data connection.

Anyone else find this problem?

If a was able to help you in any way please click the THANK'S button.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Internet Sharing disconnects

There is probably a setting in Activesync on your vogue that needs to be changed. I don't know what it would be though.
I have never had this problem myself.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

EDIT!!
Try this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...69&postcount=2

Last edited by horndoctor; 01-02-2010 at 03:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fixed the problem on my pc, but can't figure out how to disable activesync on the vogue. Set it to not sync, but it still loads itself back in task manager out of nowhere and when it does, that's when ICS gets disabled. More Searching to do i guess!
Internet Connection Sharing comes in handy for me cause we live in a DSL-Free zone and satellite is way too costly. I even take the back cover off and snap on a custom heat sink to keep battery from overheating. I'm getting around 140kbps download speeds with bell EVDO so it's worth it compared to 4.8kbps dialup.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

That is odd. When I connect mine to my pc first it will sync but when I open ICS I can hit connect and ICS will connect and it won't disconnect until I unplug the cable or I hit disconnect. I am running my own 6.1 rom though. Which rom are you using? Maybe you should check the registry and make sure the ICS reg edits have been made. Check this post for those edits:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=42
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

May be power settings?Try to uncheck options for external power.
I tether alot (18Gb in december).Im confused they didnt charged me lol.May be its a part of my "simply everything" plan)when driving interstate and it stayed connected for hours.
Even when I have no reception or its switching to roam or I answered incoming call...
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Wow vin 18gb, I thought I was bad. I've constantly went over the 5gb limit on sprint, and have yet to be charged or a letter about my usuage. Maybe because I'm on a legacy plan that was originally unlimited.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Wow vin 18gb, I thought I was bad. I've constantly went over the 5gb limit on sprint, and have yet to be charged or a letter about my usuage. Maybe because I'm on a legacy plan that was originally unlimited.
Yeah,I was out of town when ppck released kitchen updates.And I watched few days online movies...
If they will terminate me,Im prepared lol.1 of the reasons why I purchased TP2.It has a SIM slot..

Last edited by vin255764; 01-03-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol i share both vin's similar plan (with bell) and his confusion (as well as his data usage) it almost seams to be a usb problem for me cauuse pc makes the 'disconnected device' sound. I wonder though if i'm overloading things cause it happens mostly when running BT's lol. i know my packet size is set to BIG, i'll try it back at default size.
Thanks Vin, u r the ROM GOD! lmao.

Oh ya i forget to mention it seems to work fine browsing, the problem happens when i'm d/l'ing BT's.

ok scrap that, it also happens while browsing... Also changing my packet size didn't fix it either. Power save is disabled on both pc and vogue. I'm stumped!

Bell Vogue, 23506 v4

Last edited by edgarpoe; 01-06-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: darn it! :)
Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok i think it's just a vista problem. I ran a download last night running win. 7 instead and it ran almost all night without disconnecting.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Internet Sharing disconnects usb

ok as it looks to me is vista's power saving features are the culpret although i disabled it. Win7 ran for a couple of hours before disconnecting the usb. I went into Advanced power settings and there is an actual setting in there for usb (was set for 4hrs), I disabled it and BINGO! I can leave the vogue plugged in all the time now without problems. For some reason even with data transfering, usb was getting put into power save mode.
Transfers at 200kbps d/l's, much better than dialup in my 'rural' neighbourhood. (and cheaper than satellite)

Thank's guys, it's a fluke problem but hope it helps someone out someday.

Long live the Rogue Vogue!
Bell HTC 6900
Vin's 23506 V4

Last edited by edgarpoe; 01-09-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: even faster transfers!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue