PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
chronodrago's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Outer Space
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 102
Reputation: 105
chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle63 View Post
Looks cool guys, one question though: how is performance? Acceptable, or pretty sluggish? I can put up with a few things not working, but sluggishness is a non-starter for me. Impressive stuff regardless.
amazingly fast actually. i havent even upgraded the file cache (and all that) using advanced config yet and its moving realyl smooth, and very responsive. this is with the defualt 24 mb pp, usually i use 32.
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
eagle63's Avatar
N00b
Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 42
Reputation: 0
eagle63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronodrago View Post
amazingly fast actually. i havent even upgraded the file cache (and all that) using advanced config yet and its moving realyl smooth, and very responsive. this is with the defualt 24 mb pp, usually i use 32.
Really?? So compared to a stock rom on the Vogue this is pretty quick? That's cool. How well do 3rd party apps work? Any major incompatibilities found yet? I've been using OMJ's stable ROM for a number of months now, and while it's been a very good ROM I was thinking about cooking my own ROM just for something different. But if 6.5 is getting to the point of being a solid day-to-day ROM then maybe I should just go for that instead...?
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
chronodrago's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Outer Space
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 102
Reputation: 105
chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle63 View Post
Really?? So compared to a stock rom on the Vogue this is pretty quick? That's cool. How well do 3rd party apps work? Any major incompatibilities found yet? I've been using OMJ's stable ROM for a number of months now, and while it's been a very good ROM I was thinking about cooking my own ROM just for something different. But if 6.5 is getting to the point of being a solid day-to-day ROM then maybe I should just go for that instead...?
Everything seems to be checking out so far. i installed htc album, audio manager, volumecontrol, diamond keyboard, opan canvas, comm manager, microsoft office, sktools, nodata, end key, among others.
so far those all work. large title bar doesnt work, it automatically selects the commanager button so im trying to use one i OEMed from the iolite rom.

only REAL problem i have right now is trying to change the defualt programs and the softkeys for the today screen. i cant make the program by defualt open htc album through the all pictures softkey. and the music is still being played through WMP.

the user interface is the same as before. Im trying to figure out what vin255764 did to his ui to make it so much more finger friendly.

the bottom bar doesnt seem to be affected by today themes, workin one why.

and the htc rhodium enhancement didnt work either for me.

and neither is usb....

Last edited by chronodrago; 03-31-2009 at 10:45 PM.
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
deathmetalscottie's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9
Reputation: 0
deathmetalscottie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

ok this is a really n00b question but how do I load this? The last ROM I installed from Dette had it all compiled into a RUU.
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
chronodrago's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Outer Space
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 102
Reputation: 105
chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetalscottie View Post
ok this is a really n00b question but how do I load this? The last ROM I installed from Dette had it all compiled into a RUU.
haha no worries. umm...have you ever used the PPC Kitchen? if not, here are the links to the kitchen and a tutorial to use it.
http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/loc...ks.php?catid=4
http://ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=301

from there you take the files for your phone that Drellisdee gave to us, and follow the instructions that i believe are within the core file? if not its in the other rar file. my suggestion though is to not try cooking your own 6.5 rom yet and do some 6.1 first since this is having some issues with all the OEMs, if you dont have any previous experience.

im sure one of the people trying to cook some roms right now would be happy to share with you though. I can, but I'm working out a few bugs atm.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Getitnowmarketing's Avatar
BlackBerry Hater
Offline
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,010
Reputation: 4993
Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronodrago View Post
Everything seems to be checking out so far. i installed htc album, audio manager, volumecontrol, diamond keyboard, opan canvas, comm manager, microsoft office, sktools, nodata, end key, among others.
so far those all work. large title bar doesnt work, it automatically selects the commanager button so im trying to use one i OEMed from the iolite rom.

only REAL problem i have right now is trying to change the defualt programs and the softkeys for the today screen. i cant make the program by defualt open htc album through the all pictures softkey. and the music is still being played through WMP.

the user interface is the same as before. Im trying to figure out what vin255764 did to his ui to make it so much more finger friendly.

the bottom bar doesnt seem to be affected by today themes, workin one why.

and the htc rhodium enhancement didnt work either for me.

and neither is usb....
The opening of WMP and default pics is coded into the titanium cpr's I believe so it cannot be set without modding those files. That would be a great question for the titanium weather people or the modders. Try leaving out touchflo as it will speed up the titanium.
__________________
Paypal Donations USD
Follow me on twitter @getitnowmarket
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
chronodrago's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Outer Space
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 102
Reputation: 105
chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
The opening of WMP and default pics is coded into the titanium cpr's I believe so it cannot be set without modding those files. That would be a great question for the titanium weather people or the modders. Try leaving out touchflo as it will speed up the titanium.
i recooked a rom. large title bar works, although i cant find the oem for enlarge (the one with the little box that opens up). usb works fine.

and i stopped using touchflo a long time ago


also, for some reason THIS time i cooked it, the today themes worked perfectly fine. lol last time it left the bottom bar unskinned. this time it worked....

now that i got the usb connection im gonna try the customization of the titanium plugin, i got a cab that apparently does that.

Last edited by chronodrago; 03-31-2009 at 11:08 PM.
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Wizzard's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 519
Reputation: 254
Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Drellisdee, I downloaded everything and followed the instructions to put the files in the proper Kitchen folders.

When I run the kitchen, I get an error "unknown OS." When I click "ok" the program continues to load. The next error is "configuration OS () does not match kitchen OS (WM6.5)

I tried several builds and finally a build without selecting anything in the kitchen. When I began the build, I get an error "unknown OS type" and then "OS type not selected." The OS type is "greyed out" and can not be selected.

The build status process continues until it begins "initializing" and then I get an error saying " the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you for your work.
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM
vin255764's Avatar
Its FLASHING time!!!
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Location: Seattle,WA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,713
Reputation: 36470
vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
The opening of WMP and default pics is coded into the titanium cpr's I believe so it cannot be set without modding those files. That would be a great question for the titanium weather people or the modders. Try leaving out touchflo as it will speed up the titanium.
Do you know where exactly this titanium located...Like for manilla-its in manila2d.exe.Is there a titanium.exe or something like that?
I wanna see,whats inside of that thing...
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 AM
chronodrago's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Outer Space
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 102
Reputation: 105
chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Do you know where exactly this titanium located...Like for manilla-its in manila2d.exe.Is there a titanium.exe or something like that?
I wanna see,whats inside of that thing...
in the windows directory ive found .cpr files with titanium in the file name with various resolution sizes. Thats the only thing that shows up when i do find though....
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com