PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carrier Specific Rom Test Thread

OK, so this is the first step to bringing you all Carrier Specific Kitchens. In this rom I am trying a new technique and will speed up the release of this endeavor.

This is a test thread! There is a possibility this may not work, but I have taken all the precautions to ensure otherwise. This is for experienced rom flashers only as I am not going to outline the steps to flash a rom other than 1. Download it, 2. Flash It...

The first rom out is a test rom. If I can get a couple bell users to flash and test I'd appreciate it. Megapack program contents can be found in my Custom OEM requests thread...

Here is a link to the OEM Directory: Bell/Bell_OEM_v1.09.05.rar

Here is a link to a flashable .nbh: Bell_NBH_v1.09.05.rar
So you guys know what is inside and can customize it! And for the record, my stuff is always v1.mm.dd where mm=month and dd=day.

This will be stock except for a few graphics/additions listed below. Let me know what you all think!

Changes to latest Bell Stock Rom :: RUU_Vogue_BM_WWE_3.09.666.1_Radio3.42.50_Ship.exe

v1.09.05
----------------------------------------
- Restored Stock Dialer/Keyboards as optional OEM's (if you want them instead...)
- Updated Audiopara.csv
- Moved "Stuff" to OEM\Bell_extras (ringers, sample pics/video, Camera templates. Delete em if ya don't use em!)
- cleaned provxml's

v1.0
- Added UCAutorun ... User Customization
- Replaced keyboards with Diamond Keyboards
- Replaced Today Theme - Metal
- Added Diamondish Startup
- Added Diamond Dialer
- Added zz_My_Registry (registry edits viewable in RGU)
- Added zz_My_Files misc files
- Added zz_My_Sounds misc sounds
- Added 1% battery tweak
- Added QuickMenu
- Added Bell Media Player
- Added Megapack_GPS_v1.5
- Added Megapack_Games_v1.3
= Added Megapack_MyUtils v1.4.1
- Added Skin-KB-BL OSXGraphite
- Added Spb Calc w/diamond skin
- Added Diamond WMP skin
- Added MP3 Trimmer Diamond Skin
- Boot: Screen calibraton, TimeZone, then UC

Initial release, Things I need checked:
- Does UC work
- bootup screens / Stylus screen / timezone screen Did it take?
- Microsoft office links there?
- 1% battery there?
- Today theme - metal? or normal
- Test Bell Media Player
I used a new method to install these and want to make sure they all work. The Bell Media Player is just a new OEM. Let me know if these work and I'll share my method, you can install stuff without having to delete the original file!!! It sure will save me some time doing all carriers!

For those Rom saavy folks here is what I did. Let's take the audiopara.csv file for example... Instead of searching and deleting it out of the rom, I added it to zzz_my_files_OEM and renamed the new one to audiopara2.csv. I then utilize the initflashfiles.txt to copy audiopara2.csv to audiopara.csv. Overwriting the original. I used this on some startup images, the 1% battery driver, and a few more files. It's only a couple and your device has plenty-o-memory. A little technique again I learned from OEM'ing files.

Thanks to all the usual folks, ppckitchen, bell, Y.O.U., and all the folks that made the kitchens possible!

Known Issues:
Bell - 1% battery inop...Update coming today

Upcoming Changes:
- Bell-Fix 1% battery...done.
- Update HTC Home
- Clean up today screen
- Remove megapacks, just want a basic rom...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-05-2008 at 01:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Carrier Specific Rom Test Thread

reserved

I will write up the directions for the custom kitchen tommorrow. And also include the OEM directory to make it functional.

For the Pro's here are the steps in a nutshell:

1. download voguekitchentools, OEMdirectory
2. install kitchen
3. process stock rom
4. delete ..\kitchen\OEM directory
5. install replacement OEM directory

Go to it! So it will be fairly straight forward.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-05-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ill test it out for u tonight =) will post results tomorrow

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

i to shall test this tonight after work.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Uploaded first Kitchen OEM directory.

Using Dogguys Kitchen:
1. Install Kitchen
2. Copy stock rom .nbh to kitchen root directory
3. Run Prepit.bat
4. Delete ..\kitchen\OEM directory.
5. Install my new OEM directory into ..\kitchen directory.

Now have fun. I'll be more specific with directions tonight. (I'm still laying out the thread to cover all carriers)

Here is the Link: Bell/Bell_OEM_v1.09.05.rar So you guys know what is inside and can customize it!

and the Changelog since initial release:

v1.01
- Restored Stock Dialer/Keyboards as optional OEM's (if you want them instead...)
- Updated Audiopara.csv
- Moved "Stuff" to OEM\Bell_extras (ringers, sample pics/video, Camera templates)
- cleaned provxml's
v1.0
- Added UCAutorun ... User Customization
- Replaced keyboards with Diamond Keyboards
- Replaced Today Theme - Metal
- Added Diamondish Startup
- Added Diamond Dialer
- Added zz_My_Registry registry edits
- Added zz_My_Files misc files
- Added zz_My_Sounds misc sounds
- Added 1% battery tweak
- Added QuickMenu
- Added Bell Media Player
- Added Megapack_GPS_v1.5
- Added Megapack_Games_v1.3
= Added Megapack_MyUtils v1.4.1
- Added Skin-KB-BL OSXGraphite
- Added Spb Calc w/diamond skin
- Added Diamond WMP skin
- Added MP3 Trimmer Diamond Skin
Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
For those Rom saavy folks here is what I did. Let's take the audiopara.csv file for example... Instead of searching and deleting it out of the rom, I added it to zzz_my_files_OEM and renamed the new one to audiopara2.csv. I then utilize the initflashfiles.txt to copy audiopara2.csv to audiopara.csv. Overwriting the original. I used this on some startup images, the 1% battery driver, and a few more files. It's only a couple and your device has plenty-o-memory. A little technique again I learned from OEM'ing files.
Depening on what you are copying, you might not be able to employ that technique at all, or might have to reset once to get the change to "take".
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Depening on what you are copying, you might not be able to employ that technique at all, or might have to reset once to get the change to "take".
I've checked it out before and it works so far. I'm finishing up the sprint version so I can test it on a bigger scale as this. Only 6 files, but I didn't have to reset for them to take. Sprint should be out soon, gotta clean a couple provxml's...

Here are the initial Bell files updated:

Here is a link to the OEM Directory: Bell/Bell_OEM_v1.09.05.rar

Here is a link to a flashable .nbh: Bell_NBH_v1.09.05.rar
So you guys know what is inside and can customize it!
And for the record, my stuff is always v1.mm.dd where mm=month and dd=day.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-05-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You called it. Worked on audiopara.csv, mxipcold_wpc_2.provxml, some startup screen/banner stuff (*.png's), but didn't work on no2chems battery.dll, I'm showing 0%... So I'll have to back up and try approach #2.

So, for those testing...Known issue - battery.dll
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development