PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Re: XIP Porting GUIDE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
Ok first of all, I typed these instruction in about 10 minutes to HELP a FRIEND from the original thread on xda-developers, Which i will save you the trouble of linking yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414778 Here. It was 1 am in the morning and i didnt think to add in people who helped me as I have linked from these forums to my thread on xda SEVERAL times. I guess I was wrong in the since for not doing that and im sorry if someone was offended by this. I NEVER claimed this information to be my own, nor did I say i knew this all from the start. The name calling and trying to bring me down is plain ****ing childish if you ask me. I wasnt even going to publish this to begin with but i decided I would post this to help some of the other novices out there like myself who had a hard time with this. ok Here we go: I got the info from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414778, and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=XIP+porting . These are my 2 any only sources. SORRY for not linking these before. I simply wanted all of this information to be in one spot to help others. Now if you want to continue to call names and try to make yourself superior or seem better go ahead i could care LESS. BTW this is not pointed at one particular person but the group that decided it was kool to call names and critisize me.
Have a nice day,
Chris
So NOBODY helped you with anything? Those are your ONLY two sources? Seems like you learned a lot then... Good job!

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
So NOBODY helped you with anything? Those are your ONLY two sources? Seems like you learned a lot then... =D> Good job!
ok lenny, in the link there i CLEARLY said wait let me quote: "
GOOD NEWS!!!! I, will the help of Lennysh have succesfully ported the 20273 build. THANKS everyone who helped me!!! I will try to post a detailed tut tom. if its ok with Lennysh. GOODNIGHT all im going to bed."

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
No. That doesn't signify the beginning of a xip. That's why no one says to do it that way.

The source is not available and that was designed for WM5.
wait... what wm6+ doesnt use that method anymore... so how do we detect the beginning of the XIP, by the looks of the file in a hex editor, there are still 2 xip sections right? oh and there was a password protected rar in my titan folder on the ftp before whoever erased half the ftp but is/was my tool

Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
wait... what wm6+ doesnt use that method anymore... so how do we detect the beginning of the XIP, by the looks of the file in a hex editor, there are still 2 xip sections right? oh and there was a password protected rar in my titan folder on the ftp before whoever erased half the ftp but is/was my tool
Ill probably get yelled at or called names for helping you but in the 2 roms in my instructions you are to use, 00320000 is the starting adress for the XIP and i havnt come across a rom that this hasnt been the case.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

wow im amazed at what this turned in to. he posted because i was having issues and he had ported so i was wanting to learn. this is why the developers leave. just because he didnt give people credit immediatly doesnt mean he wasnt gonna. we all have personel lives and he posted some information that helped me out he may not have gotten to alll the credits at the moment but damn it was one in the morning i remember the second he posted. its really pretty childish that all yall care about is the credit thing. someone did actually care about the devices but he started off with calling him a tool. really thats what the senior members of this site have resorted to name calling and bashing im very disappointed at what yall have become. this site is one of the best places on earth to get info that is apparently till you get to a certain point. this was really posted so that people wouldnt have to put up with more people like us. so that the info could be spread this place is full of knowledge but its also full of people who survive solely on there ego. somem mod needs to close this thread down let people cool because i see this getting even further out of hand than it already is.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the whole start location thing.... well here's a quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem
maybe I should do a little write-up on how to port xip. essentially:

don't dump with rommaster (manually extract the rom)
to do this, first nbsplit, then on payload...
run imgfsfromnb. write down the imgfs start location.
open os.nb.payload with hex editor. go to the imgfs start location, and delete to end. go to the beginning of the file, and search for FE 03 00 EA (unconditional branch to 00 03 FE), and find the second / last occurance. (this is the second xip).
delete everything from the beginning to just before the second branch.
save this as your xip.bin

open xipport. press dump xip.bin. move stuff around, checking the maps between the donor xip and your xip. when you're done, press realloc p, and write maps. if any area shows !!!, fix it. (usually, modify realaddress[r] in imageinfo.txt, where r is the xipregion).

technically, you might need to check the nk.exe pointer in S000 of nk.exe, but i think realloc p fixes that (maybe). if you're worried, from the old map of the xip (not from the donor, but your device), search for the rom_00 header, look at where it starts, check if it matches with the new map If it doesn't you'll have to do this: if the old start address is 8ABCDEF9, search S000 of nk.exe for F9 DE BC 8A (just an example), because of the endianess of arm. replace with new start address, be sure to reverse it as well.

once you're done, write xipout.bin, and write it to os.nb.payload at the right xip2 address (for the titan, its 3200000) (sleepy and not sure if i put the right amount of zeros, but the default is 3100000, so change the 1 to a 2.)

hopefully everything boots up after this. I've used this technique to change everything except nk.exe... which is device dependent, so you'll have to do other stuff...

http://www.airscanner.com/pubs/fogieDC11.pdf is a good reference for arm assembly opcodes
Old 08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This is why I stick to the easy stuff like tutorials on "porting" a .tsk file to an OEM... Hehe...

Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
Straight from MSDN: the string "ECEC" at the beginning of a partition is the only way to identify a XIP section.

Your method may work, but there's no guarantee it will work. Hence, it isn't the advised way of finding it.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Straight from MSDN: the string "ECEC" at the beginning of a partition is the only way to identify a XIP section.

Your method may work, but there's no guarantee it will work. Hence, it isn't the advised way of finding it.
It doesnt matter im deleting this thread momentarily "Im a novice so i shouldnt help others" I will take my stuff and go elsewhere. Thanks to all the helpful and courtious members here.

-Chris
Old 08-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
this is why the developers leave.
You're not referring to fayfay aka dainja as a developer are you? I'd honestly be surprised if he could develop a rash.

Quote:
just because he didnt give people credit immediatly doesnt mean he wasnt gonna.
Erm, even after being called out he said his only sources were two threads on xda.

Quote:
this was really posted so that people wouldnt have to put up with more people like us.
Dear Lord! There are more of you?

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development