PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 07:26 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC Touch Rom IS Here Folks!

woot

thanks

I compared the last two RUU_WWE's and while the 2.nbh file did change, everything else was the same.

I compared the contents of the 2.nbh files and the changes apperar to be very, very minor.

SYS folder is identical (binary comparison) except for \Metadata\default.hv
OEMDrivers folder is identical except for a single DSM file and the corresponding RGU file. The difference in the RGU file was one single line: "ROMVersion"="3.03.651.6" This, in contrast to the filename and the update screen, which both include: "3.03.651.4"

One difference that does draw my attention is that the PPST CAB files have the same names (PPST_08516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB) but the files are different and the file contents are quite a bit different.

Other than these items, the differences seem to be limited to the way that the released build was packaged ...

For example, the last leaked build had nested in the OEM\OperatorPKG\Hidden.cab file, another cab file that included "Telus_NIM" which is not present in today's released build.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 07-18-2008 at 12:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Whetdesert is a n00b

After updating to the new ROM, my system says its preparing vision services for GPS, but fails every time..therefore, im not getting any GPS connections...is there something I am doing wrong?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
Thanks all for the posts and reviews. Gonna flash it up either tonite or this weekend and see what "The ROM from the future" is all about! Will be using SPB Backup to restore my stuff, so I'll also be able to see how that goes.
I didn't get an answer to my question on SPB backup, So I went ahead and did it. Everything took about 30 minutes. Installed new Rom after customization hard reset, Intstalled Spb backup in ROM upgrade mode and everything went fine. I haven't noticed any problem yet. I still have the problem with the ABC bar that runs down the side not showing up on contacts (shut contacts down and restart contacts and the bar is there). Anybody else have this problem still?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmstrumpet View Post
That is my whole thing with this. You can't get to it from the main page. If this was official wouldn't it be up for everyone to enjoy. Not from a hidden link that you can get to only from the very first post.
dude, chill.. it is the official rom.. the only reason it prolly isnt up from the main home page is prolly due to the fact that they wasnt supposed to release it until the 21st, they prolly jus tested the post to see if it went through properly, an then someone caught them and copied the link before they removed it from the site.. there is nothing about this rom that shows or indicates anything other than being the official release

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
Anyone else notice this? Anyone know if it means anything?
The GetGL.CAB was also in the last leaked ROM. The file has not changed between the two ROMs.

The file is run in both the leaked and this official rom in config_PT.txt line #3:
CAB: \Windows\GetGL.CAB

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

5 minutes with the new ROM and I'm already changing back to my vista ROM. Installed TomTom7 and it took 1 minute 8 seconds to get a lock. My vista ROM is usually a dead on 5 second lock every time.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

lol, only because you have all of those gps hacks to make it instant, which burns more battery life in the process. i didnt think you would be so easily dissappointed dharvey.. if anything, id ask for you to implement this rom into your vista one, because there are no bugs whatsoever and for me, its been running flawless
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch / Verizon XV6900

Equis is a n00b

So, excuse my ignorance, but... What's the difference between the Sprint and the Verizon ROMs? What's the harm (if any) of using this new updated Sprint ROM on a Verizon XV6900?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started

can we just flash this one coming from a cooked ROM?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Ok just wanted to let everone know that this ROM 'BREAKS' my Vista ROM. After flashing this ROM I decided 5 minutes later I didn't like it and flashed back to my Vista ROM and now I am having huge Problems.

Just a warning to all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development