PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LEAKED - Official Telus 6.1 ROM w/GPS and Rev. A - R 3.41.00, D 3.07

Telus phones always have 'Verizon Crap' in them... you go through bitpim on most of the lg phones they have and you can find some trace Verizon stuff, it's pretty funny.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Dual

iamhutch is a n00b

So I had GPS working for 1 day, then it was a no go. I tried reflashing and bumbling through the same steps, with no success. Anybody have a surefire way to get GPS back after installing this Telus Official GPS ROM
Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b

I am curious what ROMS telus users can now safely use so that if our phones get bricked, we can just flash the telus rom to revive them. At this point, I wouldn't have a problem unlocking the phone and experimenting knowing that I can fall back on an official, Telus-signed rom.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Lurker

iamhutch is a n00b

Shrink, I accidentally let the Sprint Rom run on my phone, and couldnt get data (I could still make calls). I ran this new leaked Telus Rom and I got my data back, and for a day I had GPS again. So there is a way to go back. Don't try upgrading to GPS and then going back to the original Stock-out-of-the-box Rom, as there is a risk of bricking the phone.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b

Thanks! So you unlocked your phone and then ran the Sprint rom on it with everything working except for data? Did you try reprovisioning your phone (dialing *22803 and choosing the "program my phone" option)? When I ran this telus rom I had the same problem and got the data working fine after that. If I can flash back to this rom after trying the very latest Sprint rom I most certainly would. Which unlocker did you use? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Lurker

iamhutch is a n00b

I used the instructions in this forum to unlock (icoke) and played around.. The best Rom I had was Ghetto's "Telus Stock" with the 3.42 sprint radio. I screwed it up by letting the sprint customizations run once.. then I installed this Telus Official Rom and got my data back (*22803 didn't work when my carrier banner said sprint).. but since then.. GPS is shady at best... IMO.. don't install the telus rom until somebody finds out how to get it solid.. or HTC releases it and doesnt pull the exe that day.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: TELUS

tubes75 is becoming a great contributor

All day messing with this TELUS gem and here's what i came up with...

I had to prime with TELUS nav and leave it running to get TT7 and google to work, TELUS nav had to be left running in background otherwise no GPS

No other primers worked for me just nav

GPS sig still wasn't as strong as the previous radio i was running getting 4 to 5 sats with new radio 7 to 8 with old

Flashing back to old radio worked but no GPS, thinking there must be some left overs from the TELUS radio, reflashed TELUS rom and again priming with nav only way i get GPS

Installed the primer listed earlier in this thred and no GPS, even nav errors

I'm in no way an expert at this but it seems to me nav is possibly loading some drivers in a temp location and clearing on exit?

Dunno I'll leave it to the elites to figure it out just happy to have GPS (though crappy) back

-peace
Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b

I was wondering the same thing about Telus Navigator. I am having somewhat better luck in getting a fix with Google Maps and Garmin Mobile XT but it is still quite inconsistent. The only 100% reliable method is starting Telus Navigator first (though I can then turn it off and Garmin works fine). This ROM isn't getting much attention from the non-Telus folks out there so I am not optimistic that there will be as strong a demand to have it cracked and have the GPS problem fixed (unless Telus fixes it though I doubt they would want to go out of their way to allow users to use their own apps for GPS rather than the $10 per month app that Telus provides - as crappy as it is).
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Aaron McCarthy is just getting started

Just look up astro GPS. This primes the internal GPS and opens tomtom at the same time. Once you set the internal gps settings in tom tom it should keep them. I had to change mine from external bluetooth receiver to other NMEA receiver and then change the baud rate to 4800 and select com 2. When I first did it it took about 5 minutes to get a link. BUT you could tell the internal gps was active as it said "waiting for lock" as opposed to "no gps device found"

Using the AstroGPS program at least makes it a bit easier, as opposed to opening google maps or Telus navigator.

That said.. I still get inconsitent lock times. Sometimes right away sometimes a few minutes.

I found the AstroGps program over at XDA
Old 07-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker

iamhutch is a n00b

Has anybody tried running the Sprint PPST from ghetto's directory? That might get gps back..?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development