PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LEAKED - Official Telus 6.1 ROM w/GPS and Rev. A - R 3.41.00, D 3.07

I've been experimenting with getting this GPS to work better. I think I've found a way... although I don't know what the point is as you would need to unlock the phone, and this ROM isn't that great, but anywho.

By running the Sprint ROM, then using the RUU to run an extracted Telus ROM from the exe and letting the customizations run PPST, I get R 3.42.30 and D 3.07, the most up to date that has been released. With this radio, so far I have been able to get GPS locks instantly (with TT7 and google maps), but will try it from more hard resets.

The reality is that you really just want to run the sprint exe, flash your custom rom, run the ppst cab from telus, run ppst, reprogram your phone, and then you get the best of both worlds. How to get the GPS to work better without unlocking your phone, I still don't know.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Dual

iamhutch is a n00b

I just tried doing steps 6 & 7 on the GPS - HOW TO section of:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

and now I get 10 second locks of 5 satellites.. in my basement. I have done 4 hard resets.. and not let the telus customization run.

Running:
ROM Version : 3.07.661.1
Radio: 3.41.0
PRL: 11075
PRI: 2.05_010

Works fine right now.. I'll report back later if it ends up failing on me.

Before this I had run PPST.. it failed.. but did change my carrier to sprint.. and then I couldn't get any data. (This was fixed by installing the new rom on the 1st page here and letting customizations run).

This is the only time I have gotten GPS on the new telus rom.

Last edited by iamhutch; 07-09-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhutch View Post
I just tried doing steps 6 & 7 on the GPS - HOW TO section of:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

and now I get 10 second locks of 5 satellites.. in my basement. I have done 4 hard resets.. and not let the telus customization run.

Running:
ROM Version : 3.07.661.1
Radio: 3.41.0
PRL: 11075
PRI: 2.05_010

Works fine right now.. I'll report back later if it ends up failing on me.

Before this I had run PPST.. it failed.. but did change my carrier to sprint.. and then I couldn't get any data. (This was fixed by installing the new rom on the 1st page here and letting customizations run).

This is the only time I have gotten GPS on the new telus rom.
Do you mean these steps?

6. Copy Assisted GPS Hack.cab to device and install.
7. Copy Virsir_GPS.dll to Windows Folder.(You will need Resco Explorer in order to see the dll file on the device)

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

The customizations only need to run once. The fact that you have 3.07.661 says they had ran that first time (like you said) and don't need to be run after that.

I'm checking for the actual changes made by those two steps.

In the Assisted GPS Hack.cab the only actual change to your phone is EnableGPSSmartMode changing from 0 => 1
GPSMode also changes from 2 to 4, but many have found that this really does nothing.

I'm going to see if this does anything, or if the answer lies in the .dll

Last edited by tobeychris; 07-09-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

grondinm is keeping up the good workgrondinm is keeping up the good work

ok silly question but where can i get telus navigator...searched theire site and this one but can't find a cab or way to download...i'm not using this rom i have the latest sprint leaked radio and a custom rom
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b

Here's a GPS update - this morning I checked the GPS again with Garmin Mobile XT after the phone was off overnight and soft reset. While it took around a minute, it did get a lock without running Telus Navigator first. Therefore, for many of you having difficulties, it may simply be a fact of waiting long enough for a fix on the satellites. Yesterday I installed the Holux GPS viewer and that is the only change I have made since then. I have no idea what could account for the inconsistent results.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

I don't know why this isn't getting much attention... What build is the new ROM? Is it any faster than the Sprint "Official" ROM?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grondinm View Post
ok silly question but where can i get telus navigator...searched theire site and this one but can't find a cab or way to download...i'm not using this rom i have the latest sprint leaked radio and a custom rom
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/gh... Navigator.cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I don't know why this isn't getting much attention... What build is the new ROM? Is it any faster than the Sprint "Official" ROM?
Im not sure either, the OEM version is 3.07, rom is 3.41, and the sys is 5.2.19208.1.0.1

Its not really any good. Our roms are 1000x better, maybe even 1001x
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

I'm not really sure why anyone would WANT to use Telus Navigator... but it looks like there may not be a solution to faster GPS and that the Sprint radio may be the way to go.

I've tried many different things.. all of the "this is how you make your GPS better" tricks, and the GPS is still very inconsistant. Sometimes I get a lock within 10s, sometimes I won't have a lock after 15 minutes. All in the same spot outside. I know this is in part to the satellites, but I have another phone with the Sprint radio and it's always consistant.

Back to Ghetto's ROM for me unless someone can figure this out.

The reason I was trying to push this thread is because I just got replaced one of my Touches (warranty swap) and it's still locked. If I could have all the functionality of an unlocked phone on a locked one, it would have been nice

*Added sys version to first post (thanks Ghetto)

Last edited by tobeychris; 07-10-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Ill tell you why.. because it has Verizon Crap in the ROM.. I doubt this is an official. just my opinion thou.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development