PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6900

happytang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 9/26

Hi OMJ,

I'm currently using your Manilla 2D ROM.

One thing I've noticed though that bothers me. Recently with any other ROM's I've used, my data connection is always on (always transferring data maybe). However with this ROM, it seems as though my data connection idles sometimes (the arrows grey out). While I understand that this may save battery life, it also takes longer to connect (update weather, browse the web).

Is there a switch or something to keep the data connection active?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 9/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytang View Post
Hi OMJ,

One thing I've noticed though that bothers me. Recently with any other ROM's I've used, my data connection is always on (always transferring data maybe). However with this ROM, it seems as though my data connection idles sometimes (the arrows grey out). While I understand that this may save battery life, it also takes longer to connect (update weather, browse the web).

You can toggle this using AdvancedConfig

OMJ 3.09 custom w/ M2D
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A! 6/26/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archius View Post
yay!!! I'll wait for new manila rom with official skin =D
if u look hard enough, u will find....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredwitless View Post
Old Man Jenkins, as I said in your customizations thread, awesome awesome ROM...

I gather that the versions are based on the versions provided by the base carrier ROM, correct? IE the generic ROM based on the latest bell ROM is 3.09 because that is the version provided by Bell, and the current custom Sprint is 3.03 because of the same?

I ask, because I currently use your 3.03 custom Sprint, with no issues mind you, (because I like and use some of the sprint customizations, so it seemed easier this way...) and was wondering if you know of or see any advantages to installing the 3.09 generic rom and biteing the bullet and just applying all the sprint customizations to it? I mean, besides obviously gaining m2d from the m2d 3.09 generic version? Hope this isn't a dumb question...

Thankyou!
u got me alittle confused....but the bottom line is, 3.03 is based on sprint, 3.09 is based on bell. I'm a sprint user & have been using the bell based roms since the official bell came out. 3.09 just seems to be alittle snappier than 3.03 & GPS was working much better, though I dont use very often.

If u are happy w/ 3.03, I would stick w/ it unless you want to flash my 3.09 M2D rom. which sprint customizations are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun-drop View Post
OMJ i'm using yr v2 rom ... having real trouble getting task bar back tho ... followed the suggestion on the 1st page , which iv done with success before..but no luck this time
I assume M2D v2?

I just tested...disable TouchFLO in today. go into QM options, the view tab, uncheck show battery..ok...reboot

go to settings/system/task mgr/button tab. check enable quick menu on today....renable TouchFLO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytang View Post
Hi OMJ,

when your data arrows are grey, your data connection is active but currently no data being transferred.

when your arrows stay white, that usually indicates a conflict with your dialer.

they should not stay white!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Magic
Carrier: Rogers

Archius is just getting started

actually what I meant is I'll wait for a better beta version or official version with official skin m2d since I don't have time to flash now and reinstall it all xD
Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6900

happytang is a n00b

Hmm,

Ok, just seems as though it takes longer to grab a connection then usual.

Also, I've found another thing where my Tasks are not synching. Is this a known issue?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

omj.. i looked all through the /windows folder an cant find the sprint home plugin cab anywhere.. you know with the phone/music/gps/camera/tv links... hook a brotha up with some advice to save myself the 2 hours of searching lol.. i've been at it now for at least 45 minutes

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: VZW

amcdowell82 is a n00b

Where is the option to turn off the shutter sound in the Advanced config of the camera? It should be under the grid option right? Hmm that shutter sound is annoying. Thanks for all your work OMJ!

Sprint Touch Rev. A GPS fully working on VZW!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Magic
Carrier: Rogers

Archius is just getting started

amcdowell82,
open a registry program in your cell.
navigate to HKLM\software\HTC\Camera\Common and then go to the key called SourceOfSnapSound
remove everything after "\windows\" and keep it like that "\windows\"
then try the camera ! it works for all of us, and if you wish to reboot after, make sure you wait more than 30 seconds before rebooting after changing that registry option.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint Touch)
Carrier: Sprint: $30 SERO

tatnai is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archius View Post
amcdowell82,
open a registry program in your cell.
navigate to HKLM\software\HTC\Camera\Common and then go to the key called SourceOfSnapSound
remove everything after "\windows\" and keep it like that "\windows\"
then try the camera ! it works for all of us, and if you wish to reboot after, make sure you wait more than 30 seconds before rebooting after changing that registry option.
This works! OMJ, can you add this to your stack of reg edits when you cook your roms?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Lurker

ChipotleFan is a n00b

Need help upgrading XV6900 Vogue. It's a new phone that's never been activated with Verizon.

Ran Coke Unlocker 2.31 - no problems
Ran Sprint ROM without customizations - no problems
Ran OMJ Custom 3.09.01 with customizations - no problems

The system boots okay and all applications run however I can't get any cell service. The 3 dots under the antenna scan for a signal but don't find one.

Connection settings have been made for internet access. When I try to connect the EV changes to an X.

I loaded the dcd.verizon carrier 20080719 into the root folder and ran RAR thinking this may solve the problem. Received a message that the program was installed. I'm not sure if this was the correct thing to do or not. The thread was a little vague on this step. Still doesn't connect.

Phone number says (000) 000-4706. ROM is 3.09.666.1. Radio is 3.42.30.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development