PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl120 View Post
Love the new ROM in my VZ6900 but still issues w/Text Messaging. Get the msg:
SMS Error: Message to xxx, xxx not sent. Saved in Drafts. Please try again later.
- Set the server as recommended in the first post
- Made the edits in registry as recommended in the first post
- Hard reset and soft reset
- Did *22800 Opt 1 to program
- Yahoo and MS Outlook work fine

Any other ideas to fix? Help!
There is a section called "extras in the tutorial. try installing the verizon carrier cab. If it doesn't work, might be a bad flash so flash again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddieO View Post
So.... we won't have to do about 3 or 4 soft resets to get our GPS working again? If that is the case, PLEASE post a pre-cooked rom for us. I've been very happy with OMJ's OEM rom, but would be willing to reflash to get my GPS working better.

Once again.... THANKS Negamann!!=D>
WILL DO! i'll post it soon. it will be located with the ppckitchen recommendation in the tutorial. also I love visualGPSce! It's all I use now. THANK YOU DaddieO!

Last edited by negamann; 07-26-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

OK I added the rom I cooked from ppckitchen. you will find it under the "be your own chef" section in the rom recommendations. I tested it and it works great!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

*update* "Congratulations. Your ROM update is complete!"

Wow! I guess some of us just were not meant to flash. I didn't get far at all. I successfully completed #1 and half of #2 of the negamann instructions.

When I ran the Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe I got stuck when the unlocker onscreen instructions said I must disconnect and reconnect my device. I did that but Activesync disconnected and never reconnected. I tried to proceed but the ROM update utility specifically required and Activesync connection. My device was stuck on the RAINBOW screen with "2.00.coke" and some other stuff displayed.

I read ahead and saw that the ROM update utility isn't supposed to run until #4. I'm still completely confused about that. Regardless I tried to press on and follow the instructions.

When I got to #3 where it says "let it reboot then hold the POWER+CAMERA+RESET buttons until you get a RAINBOW screen. If it says 2.31 coke, continue to the Fourth step, if not, Back to the second step."

Couple of problems there too. First of all it never rebooted. Just went to the RAINBOW screen. Second, it said "2.00 coke", not "2.31 coke". I repeated #2 a few times with the same result every time.

Not to be deterred, I figure I must have to press POWER+CAMERA+RESET at some point here so I just went ahead and did it. Then I got the RAINBOW screen again but this time my device displayed "VOGU100 SPLE-0.36.000 CPLD-3". That's it. No "coke" anywhere.

So I just did a soft-reset and it booted back up to the default settings. Everything appeared okay but I couldn't make calls without getting a Verizon message about "unable to authenticate my phone". I tried to authenticate it online with the ESN but it failed. So I tried the *22800 (because I'm on the east coast). That did nothing. So I tried *22801. That appeared to be working but then I got a message that it failed and it connected me to Verizon customer service.

then the fun really started. I got the dumbest Verizon support person alive. She put me on hold then called my cell. I couldn't answer because I was on hold. LOL. While it was ringing my phone displayed "programming phone" or something like that. The support persons call went to voicemail then she came back to me. After about 20 minutes she connected me to tech person. The tech person spent about 10 minutes talking me through updating my A-key before she realized I was talking on the cell phone. The tech told me to hang up the cell and she'd call me back on a land line. I hung up and by the time she called, everything was working on my cell again.

I have no idea why I couldn't get "2.31 coke" to display nor why the "connect and reconnect" in the unlocker instructions didn't seem to do anything but disconnect Activesync. I'm just glad my phone can make calls and get on the Internet again. I guess I'll just wait for Verizon to come to their senses and release a ROM that unlocks everything.... or go to Sprint.

Last edited by denasqu; 07-27-2008 at 02:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Sometimes conflicts happen due to the computer itself. Try another computer. You could also try to flash from the rainbow screen to begin with. also try a different cable. Sounds like some bad luck lol. Hope it gets resolved
Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

well after swapping my ESN i did have to call to authenticate my phone once. It takes a bit of balls to sit there with the "enemy" while they help you put a device on their network that shouldnt be on their network. The tech called my house line so they reprogram my phone, after a few minutes it worked! Ive been able to flash new roms and even upgrade the radio and i havnt had to call back.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:08 AM
rjh20136

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'll be acquiring a xv6900 in the next few days. Is it better to wait or upgrade out of the box (before authenticating).....

My Axim is running LennySh WM6.1 and I'd like to keep my new phone "in sync" with the Ax from a capabilities standpoint.

Thanks in advance (looking at your recommended VZW GPS dish.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh20136 View Post
I'll be acquiring a xv6900 in the next few days. Is it better to wait or upgrade out of the box (before authenticating).....

My Axim is running LennySh WM6.1 and I'd like to keep my new phone "in sync" with the Ax from a capabilities standpoint.

Thanks in advance (looking at your recommended VZW GPS dish.
It would be better to upgrade before activating the phone. You wouldn't have to authenticate then. They both run WM6.1 so I don't see a problem. Not sure what the axim has hardware wise
Old 07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Someone asked to show a list of what is included in the rom I cooked. I posted it under the link to the rom
Old 07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
*update* "Congratulations. Your ROM update is complete!"

Wow! I guess some of us just were not meant to flash. I didn't get far at all. I successfully completed #1 and half of #2 of the negamann instructions.

When I ran the Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe I got stuck when the unlocker onscreen instructions said I must disconnect and reconnect my device. I did that but Activesync disconnected and never reconnected. I tried to proceed but the ROM update utility specifically required and Activesync connection. My device was stuck on the RAINBOW screen with "2.00.coke" and some other stuff displayed.

I read ahead and saw that the ROM update utility isn't supposed to run until #4. I'm still completely confused about that. Regardless I tried to press on and follow the instructions.

When I got to #3 where it says "let it reboot then hold the POWER+CAMERA+RESET buttons until you get a RAINBOW screen. If it says 2.31 coke, continue to the Fourth step, if not, Back to the second step."

Couple of problems there too. First of all it never rebooted. Just went to the RAINBOW screen. Second, it said "2.00 coke", not "2.31 coke". I repeated #2 a few times with the same result every time.

Not to be deterred, I figure I must have to press POWER+CAMERA+RESET at some point here so I just went ahead and did it. Then I got the RAINBOW screen again but this time my device displayed "VOGU100 SPLE-0.36.000 CPLD-3". That's it. No "coke" anywhere.

So I just did a soft-reset and it booted back up to the default settings. Everything appeared okay but I couldn't make calls without getting a Verizon message about "unable to authenticate my phone". I tried to authenticate it online with the ESN but it failed. So I tried the *22800 (because I'm on the east coast). That did nothing. So I tried *22801. That appeared to be working but then I got a message that it failed and it connected me to Verizon customer service.

then the fun really started. I got the dumbest Verizon support person alive. She put me on hold then called my cell. I couldn't answer because I was on hold. LOL. While it was ringing my phone displayed "programming phone" or something like that. The support persons call went to voicemail then she came back to me. After about 20 minutes she connected me to tech person. The tech person spent about 10 minutes talking me through updating my A-key before she realized I was talking on the cell phone. The tech told me to hang up the cell and she'd call me back on a land line. I hung up and by the time she called, everything was working on my cell again.

I have no idea why I couldn't get "2.31 coke" to display nor why the "connect and reconnect" in the unlocker instructions didn't seem to do anything but disconnect Activesync. I'm just glad my phone can make calls and get on the Internet again. I guess I'll just wait for Verizon to come to their senses and release a ROM that unlocks everything.... or go to Sprint.
Mine showed the 2.0 instead of 2.31 and I continued on and it worked just fine. I have to do it from my laptop as opposed to my desktop. The laptop is running 32-bit Vista and my desktop is running 64-bit so that could have been the issue with that. I did the same thing to try to get the 2.31 and having it never reboot. I ran the update utility and that is what upgrades the radio. Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions on what I did to get it successful as it seems you are going through the same thing as me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you Jmallit for being there for others I thanked you by button and now by text
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development