PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

It's already being done. Alot of the rom is useless due to the fact its VGA and our screens are QVGA. but many people have extracted drivers, sys, and bases and have integrated them into their roms. look around. you will find them.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arianhojat is just getting started

so i got the crack everyone seems to be getting on my verizon phone.
steps should be...
get authorization on phone to replace phone.
once that is definate, goto .40, and flash the verizon stock rom i saw posted?

btw anyone longing for GPS on vz want to try this. seems like soemthing new. ill test tomorrow as well:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...887#post358887
read original poster last message, the IP change i think doesnt matter, but he claims rest worked.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

platup is a n00b

Thanks for posting the tutorial negamann. Worked like a champ for me and I'm loving the GPS. I went with OMJ's Generic Custom rom and haven't had any real problems.
The only thing I've noticed so far is the top row of pixels is messed up. When I rotate the screen the problem follows. It's almost like the GUI is 1 pixel lower than it should be. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)

Magicality is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by platup View Post
Thanks for posting the tutorial negamann. Worked like a champ for me and I'm loving the GPS. I went with OMJ's Generic Custom rom and haven't had any real problems.
The only thing I've noticed so far is the top row of pixels is messed up. When I rotate the screen the problem follows. It's almost like the GUI is 1 pixel lower than it should be. Has anyone else seen this?
You're talking about the custom battery meter on the top?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

platup is a n00b

No, I'm talking about the entire top row of pixels on the screen.
After more investigation, it's only on screens with the start bar. Full screen programs are fine.
It's like the start bar is pushed down by 1 pixel. The only reason I notice is there is a red to blue gradient right above the start button (looks out of place). I thought maybe it was an artifact from quick menu or something?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

I've never tried OMJ's rom but I must say the latest ppckitchen 20270 has finally fixed GPS!!!! and is the fastest rom i've ever used!!!! No exaggeration! This is the #1 rom for verizon users!!! shall I post a pre-cooked rom so you guys can see the magic?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900

arianhojat is just getting started

hey negamann,
made my first rom based off of it wasnt too impressed. again that first lock is taking 2-3 minutes. but if it consistant and always locks in under 3 minutes, ill be more impressed hehe. after the first lock, locks in under 3-10s. but that first lock time is important, as your location will change and locks wont take 3s anymore.
so if anyone reports 10s locks, please refer to the 1st lock at that location, not the ones after 1st.

"made my first rom with newest kitchen 20270, installed the 3 files mentioned in other thread, added those regedits, the NV one and messed with GPSMode 1, 2, 4. then soft reset and tested each gpsmode, i got a lock in 2.2 minutes. nothing special was getting those kinda locks before with other roms. if it can get 2m locks consistantly then thats a lil different. ill test tomorrow. if anyone is scared to create new ROM to test, can try mine, although i would clear the Today screen and change to the Pure Black theme so looks cleaner, its my first so just threw a bunch of progs on there, nothing special at all.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13229955...igned.nbh.html
"
i dont know how to do anything fancy like add the regedits, or install the 3 files for you, so do those steps yourself and let me know how it goes. negamann you think you could precook all that into your rom?

Last edited by arianhojat; 07-25-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
hey negamann,
made my first rom based off of it wasnt too impressed. again that first lock is taking 2-3 minutes. but if it consistant and always locks in under 3 minutes, ill be more impressed hehe. after the first lock, locks in under 3-10s. but that first lock time is important, as your location will change and locks wont take 3s anymore.
so if anyone reports 10s locks, please refer to the 1st lock at that location, not the ones after 1st.

"made my first rom with newest kitchen 20270, installed the 3 files mentioned in other thread, added those regedits, the NV one and messed with GPSMode 1, 2, 4. then soft reset and tested each gpsmode, i got a lock in 2.2 minutes. nothing special was getting those kinda locks before with other roms. if it can get 2m locks consistantly then thats a lil different. ill test tomorrow. if anyone is scared to create new ROM to test, can try mine, although i would clear the Today screen and change to the Pure Black theme so looks cleaner, its my first so just threw a bunch of progs on there, nothing special at all.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13229955...igned.nbh.html
"
i dont know how to do anything fancy like add the regedits, or install the 3 files for you, so do those steps yourself and let me know how it goes. negamann you think you could precook all that into your rom?
What I meant by fixed GPS is when the phone goes in standby, GPS doesnt work after. It does work now. I get a cold-start lock in 1 minute everyime. Didn't do anything special. the OS in general is amazingly faster. I believe the guys over at ppckitchen will have the problems sorted out with the reg stuff. Or if you can get them in cab installers, a program called Tiermann autoinstaller should do the trick for you

Last edited by negamann; 07-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VERIZON

DaddieO is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
I've never tried OMJ's rom but I must say the latest ppckitchen 20270 has finally fixed GPS!!!! and is the fastest rom i've ever used!!!! No exaggeration! This is the #1 rom for verizon users!!! shall I post a pre-cooked rom so you guys can see the magic?
So.... we won't have to do about 3 or 4 soft resets to get our GPS working again? If that is the case, PLEASE post a pre-cooked rom for us. I've been very happy with OMJ's OEM rom, but would be willing to reflash to get my GPS working better.

Once again.... THANKS Negamann!!=D>
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Lurker

spl120 is a n00b

Love the new ROM in my VZ6900 but issues w/Text Messaging. Get the error msg:
SMS Error: Message to xxx, xxx not sent. Saved in Drafts. Please try again later.
- Set the server as recommended in the first post
- Made the edits in registry as recommended in the first post
- Hard reset and soft reset
- Did *22800 Opt 1 to program
- Yahoo and MS Outlook work fine
- MMS and Voice Mail send work fine
- No entry for Text Messaging in the Message section

Any other ideas to fix? Help!

Last edited by spl120; 07-26-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development