PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC QuickGPS - Locks in under a minute EVERYTIME...After LOTS of reading...

I actually am on Sprint and I never usually got a lock, even after running PPST and getting the proper updated PRI, somehow this helped. Something changed at least, I couldn't even use GPS since the new radio.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInvisible View Post
MindFrost82, do you have data plan or vision plan with Sprint? I don't have any data or vision plan, so I do get GPS locked in, but it will not give IGuidance enough data to give me turn-by-turn direction.
I did run PPST, but it didn't help much. When I connect my phone to the computer, then I'll get a lock within 30 secs inside the house. It doesn't run good on the road at all.
I do have data. With iGuidance you have to use GPSGate (which isn't free) and it should work good once you get a lock.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Please understand quickgps is a placebo, regardless what you're SURE it's doing, the file it dumps is NEVER AGAIN ACCESSED on the titan or vogue. It was not intended for our devices and does nothing for them. A missing component is needed to emulate a gps device and "play back" the data in the file thus programming the cpu's empheris data.

Please take the time to read the few posts on this subject from those that research into how things work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

Audi2Audi is becoming a great contributor

Placebo effect be damned, I'll live with the apparent results! : )
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Lurker

ikaris is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
Please understand quickgps is a placebo, regardless what you're SURE it's doing, the file it dumps is NEVER AGAIN ACCESSED on the titan or vogue. It was not intended for our devices and does nothing for them. A missing component is needed to emulate a gps device and "play back" the data in the file thus programming the cpu's empheris data.

Please take the time to read the few posts on this subject from those that research into how things work.
That's interesting because I just installed this and now I get consistent locks under a minute inside my house whereas it was taking up to ten minutes (or no lock) before. I guess I'm experiencing quite the placebo effect.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
That's interesting because I just installed this and now I get consistent locks under a minute inside my house whereas it was taking up to ten minutes (or no lock) before. I guess I'm experiencing quite the placebo effect.
Same here.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
I actually am on Sprint and I never usually got a lock, even after running PPST and getting the proper updated PRI, somehow this helped. Something changed at least, I couldn't even use GPS since the new radio.
when you say "after running ppst"...do you mean you ran the cab? or the exe? or both?

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I manually ran PPST.exe with default.ppst (forgot exact extension) in the same folder.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can not run a test back to back to see if quickgps worked, after it's had a locked of course the empheris data is there, it had the lock! Thus any start up to 4 hours after this is a WARM start and occurs quickly.

Without quickgps, and with network aGPS enabled the touch should be able to aquire within 20 seconds. Failure to do that means you have something setup improperly. QuickGPS as I said, DOES NOTHING. Go reverse the rom components as I did, your bin file is NEVER AGAIN CHECKED.

Now running the ppst as they are suggesting is a BIG issue. That does fix things...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

well, i wasnt able to get this to work, but that ppst thing worked wonders. thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development