PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
When I run the PrepIT.bat file it removes the OEM folder, should I manually re-create it and add the OEMs that I want there?
Everytime you run PrepIt.bat, it removes most of the folders in your kitchen directory, including OEM and SYS. PrepIt.bat also will recreate these folders by the time it is done. This assures an accurate 'decompilation'. I keep two additional folders with OEMS. One I have all the PPCKitchen OEM's, and another I keep in a folder dons_oems. (both are outside the kitchen folder) This is where I keep the ones I always add to a rom. This saves time and I'm sure to get all the programs I use. You do have to check the SYS folder to make sure there are no duplicates.
__________________
If this post was helpfull, let me know by clicking Thanks!

  #32 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Everytime you run PrepIt.bat, it removes most of the folders in your kitchen directory, including OEM and SYS. PrepIt.bat also will recreate these folders by the time it is done. This assures an accurate 'decompilation'. I keep two additional folders with OEMS. One I have all the PPCKitchen OEM's, and another I keep in a folder dons_oems. (both are outside the kitchen folder) This is where I keep the ones I always add to a rom. This saves time and I'm sure to get all the programs I use. You do have to check the SYS folder to make sure there are no duplicates.
Learn to use PPCKitchen's buildos, and you won't have to go through so much trouble.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
computerjunkie's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 49
Reputation: 45
computerjunkie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

I am trying to customize OMJ's latest ROM to remove some programs. All goes well but when I go to flash, my Vogue gets stuck at the PPCGeeks screen. Any ideas?
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Honestly, I haven't flashed his v2 rom. I am planning on re-flashing tomorrow night, I'll do the steps on that one and see what I can come up with. I'm wanting the ol' HTC screen back myself.
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
computerjunkie's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 49
Reputation: 45
computerjunkie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

I don't mind the Chef screen but I would like to remove some programs that I don't use. It seems everytime i do this (following steps exactly) then reflash with the edited ROM I get stuck at the chef screen and have to reflash with the original OMJ v2 rom (for sprint).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerjunkie View Post
I don't mind the Chef screen but I would like to remove some programs that I don't use. It seems everytime i do this (following steps exactly) then reflash with the edited ROM I get stuck at the chef screen and have to reflash with the original OMJ v2 rom (for sprint).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It may have something to do with greloc, but I'll have to look into the addresses and all. I'll find an answer somewhere...or you can let me know. It is pool/bar night....
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
computerjunkie's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 49
Reputation: 45
computerjunkie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
It may have something to do with greloc, but I'll have to look into the addresses and all. I'll find an answer somewhere...or you can let me know. It is pool/bar night....
I don't know what greloc is but I'll try and do some research.
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:14 PM
batcatman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Reputation: 41
batcatman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

This gotta be a dumb question, but i have never flashed a rom b4 except for teh official sprint releases, but another damn monday has p*****, and i dont have GPS, so i am gonnna give JDs a shot. My question is, the threads title "add/remove programs" are u guys talking about customising a rom, or just teh regular install/uninstall programs in a rom. i thought installing/uninstalling progs. to any rom wud be same as in the official rom, just crarifying??
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
rstoyguy's Avatar
SuperNoob
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter
Location: Wichita, KS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,309
Reputation: 23264
rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by batcatman View Post
This gotta be a dumb question, but i have never flashed a rom b4 except for teh official sprint releases, but another damn monday has p*****, and i dont have GPS, so i am gonnna give JDs a shot. My question is, the threads title "add/remove programs" are u guys talking about customising a rom, or just teh regular install/uninstall programs in a rom. i thought installing/uninstalling progs. to any rom wud be same as in the official rom, just crarifying??
Customizing a rom before you flash. Just my little tutorial doesn't appear to be working on some the post-GPS roms, I'll verify that this evening.
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM
batcatman's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Reputation: 41
batcatman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Customizing a rom before you flash. Just my little tutorial doesn't appear to be working on some the post-GPS roms, I'll verify that this evening.
So, if i were to install a custom ROM, i wont be able to install any programs like gsplayer, wisbar advance, etc??? i am confused
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com