PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
I am back to MR1 Verizon ROM (WM 6.1) but when I use the Valhalla GPSServer and aGPS, I can't seem to get a lock on GPS signal at all... so I thought maybe it's because of the SPL 2.31 that I can't do it...

Any ideas?
No, the reason you can't get gps is probably because you have not upgraded your radio and/or the gps is locked because verizon locks it originally before they are distributed. Tell me what rom you want to run. If you want to run the rom you currently have (6.1) then you can go through a procedure to get gps. If you are wanting to upgrade to a custom 6.5 rom then there is a different procedure. Decide what you want to end up with and then I can help point you in the right direction.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

proxops-pete is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I tried all that's out there... but I think I will stay with 6.1...
According to the stuff that is out there,

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

I have used the unlock procedure on the bottom of the page (for MR1/2) but I get stuck at #6

Quote:
Dial *22899 then hit Talk and wait while the phone updates. Phone will automatically soft reset at the end of updating.
It rejects my phone... and thus my theory about trying OEM SPL unlocker instead of 2.31 Cokeman's SPL...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Maybe this will help. Take a look at this thread on xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533639
Old 02-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (hopefully)
Carrier: Bell

csifan29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi all. I went on a trip and I'm not sure if it was the plane ride or what, but my cell is completely messed. It freezes on the HTC screen after the Bell loading screen.

I have pressed the camera + power + reset button and loaded the Bell ROM but it just keeps freezing at the same screen. Interestingly enough, when I flash the new ROM it always is blank under current version - not sure if this is normal? Also, I never had any ROM except the Bell one.

I have read some stuff about MicroSD with the ROM on there, not sure if you guys can help out? I need my HTC back.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development