PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the unlocker is just that, an unlocker so you can flash custom roms. Nothing else about it. The relocker I think is just to revert it back to complete stock as in can not flash a custom rom. I have only used the unlocker then flashed with a custom rom and have not had any issues.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
a$h
Lurker
Pocket PC: Trinity

a$h is a n00b
Will this work on GSM device

Eg: Rogers - HTC Touch
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...ailed=TOUCHREN

Also, what is the advantage of unlocking CDMA device?
I just moved from Europe to N.America and back in Europe CDMA is not used.
So why would somebody unlock a phone which doesn't have a SIM card?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds
Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a$h View Post
Will this work on GSM device

Eg: Rogers - HTC Touch
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...ailed=TOUCHREN

Also, what is the advantage of unlocking CDMA device?
I just moved from Europe to N.America and back in Europe CDMA is not used.
So why would somebody unlock a phone which doesn't have a SIM card?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

It's been stated numerous times in this thread....CDMA ONLY!

It's also been stated many times, this is to unlock the CDMA Touch, so you can flash a CUSTOM ROM.......read!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue

mikelsbid is just getting started
Is this the same unlocker idea behind the other ones I see out there? Does this allow for programs witout certificates to be run on the PPC of the Vogue?
If not can anyone point me the right direction for the certificate over ride feature?

Thanks for any help, I did search, but I must be using the wrong set of terms.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
Angry Doesn't anyone use the unlocker? I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampepito View Post
I'm just confused... for the people who don't quite understand the process and/or are paranoid about ruining their phone I *think* this question might need to be answered (as dumb as it might appear)

Why is it that there is a "relocking" process after the patched spl is installed? I dont get it? After that can I then install any custom rom? Also once my device is restarted it appears that its just as it was before I did the unlocking so.. does this mean that my device is unlocked and ready for custom flashing? The only reason I am so concerned is because when I had my Titan the tricolor screen meant that it was sucessfully unlocked and then I would use the custom NBH file to install a custom rom.

Boy am I confused ;( help please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
the unlocker is just that, an unlocker so you can flash custom roms. Nothing else about it. The relocker I think is just to revert it back to complete stock as in can not flash a custom rom. I have only used the unlocker then flashed with a custom rom and have not had any issues.
No.. I mean part of the process of cokeman's unlocker after the unlocker makes your phone display a tricolor screen it then continues to continue the process which says "relocking" your device.. I dont understand and i'm getting frustrated !!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Good catch you're the first person to catch that typo. It should read "unlocking". I updated the file now.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 01-10-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Hey coke,

First off... thanks for the unlocker!

I had a question though, have you considered a hard-spl like the titan? I would love to have the unlocker to be permanent. Am I minority when it comes to this request?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I have considered it, but so far i'm not sure if there are more people that request the relocker or that would like the unlocker to be permanent. The thing is as long as you don't flash a FULL EXE from a carrier this will still remain permanent. It is a hard SPL. Only carrier updates come with the bootloader that will overwrite. It can be disabled, but then it can't be overwritten by the average user and then people get paranoid about warranty work. So now, if you want warranty flash stock EXE. If you want unlocked only flash nbh files that you know do not contain a bootloader. There are tools to do to this and any custom rom will not include this (at least not that i have ever seen).
Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Doh! I thought the hard-SPL was when the unlocker was permanent! Sorry about that.

I can understand people being worried about warranty work. If you ever do have a permanent solution, I'll be using it! I must of flashed my phone 4 different times last night before coming to the solution that I want to learn how to build a custom rom
Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
man tried to run this a lot of times but it would go into 0% and give me error [262] udate error, pop out the battery repop it back it and it would boot up normal. not exactly sure where i'm going wrong. restarted the pc and nothing.

edit: i didnt unplug and replug when it asked me to on the bootup screen, got it going. good app, nothing wrong with it only with the users. haha

Last edited by 98classic; 01-11-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development