PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Re: mrgeoff's WM6.1 ROM v4 + UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
i must say that this rom is one of the fastest that i've flashed. apps respond rather quickly and i love all of the included software. however, I am experiencing random freezes. anyone else? i would hate to have to switch roms again.
I'm curious... does it happen when you text? I get a freeze every now and then when I'm cranking some texts out.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

laestrella is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
I'm curious... does it happen when you text? I get a freeze every now and then when I'm cranking some texts out.
Yes it happens when I text. At least the last time it froze was after a text. But it has happened while the phone was on the today screen. However, I can't remember exactly what I was doing prior to that.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
Yes it happens when I text. At least the last time it froze was after a text. But it has happened while the phone was on the today screen. However, I can't remember exactly what I was doing prior to that.
I've been trying to look up what I can about the issue but it seems that the pagepool might be to blame

Device Freezes with WM6.1 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19476

JD's Thoughts on the Lockups - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=33

I'm going to try and snoop around later to see if I can find this new version JD is talking about. Maybe that will help everyone!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

damigs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to damigs

Seems like all the ROMs lock the device. I have tried and tried numerous ROMs here and all of them have locked on my device. THe one I have currently locks on my at times twice a day. Wish it could be corrected some how some way with wm6.1
Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
I've been trying to look up what I can about the issue but it seems that the pagepool might be to blame

Device Freezes with WM6.1 - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19476

JD's Thoughts on the Lockups - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=33

I'm going to try and snoop around later to see if I can find this new version JD is talking about. Maybe that will help everyone!
Just posted check my oem sprint thread
Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

hey i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions, when i bring up the cube and hit the video button on the 3app side i get an error message "The file HTCAlbum cannot be opened either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its componentscannot be found. if the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring this file" this also happens with the photos button right above it. also i do not have the button on the top right of the today screen that was like a task manager showing all the running processes and percent cpu usage, did this rom not come with that installed.

Last edited by Masterface7; 03-08-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
hey i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions, when i bring up the cube and hit the video button on the 3app side i get an error message "The file HTCAlbum cannot be opened either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its componentscannot be found. if the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring this file" this also happens with the photos button right above it. also i do not have the button on the top right of the today screen that was like a task manager showing all the running processes and percent cpu usage, did this rom not come with that installed.
You can use the CubeConfig application to change what those cube items used to point to. I will try to remember to modify those in the next build.

X-Button was removed since WM6.1 has a task manager built in. I set up my HTC Home Launcher to have a shortcut to the Task Manager.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Thanks alot, and thanks for the great rom, Ill use the cube config then also download and install the HTC-Album-1-0-822-716.cab

Also for the psshutxp the middle butting that says turn off just turns the screen off for me, does anybody else have this problem, and is there any way i could fix it.

Last edited by Masterface7; 03-10-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

thadeus_d3 is a n00b

Hey mrgeoff, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your rom or WM 6.1 in general, but is there a way to have the keyboard automatically set to XT9 when replying to a message?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

My keyboard automatically switches to XT9 when I hit reply in an email or text message. Have you changed any settings within the Input section of Settings?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development