PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc
Re: Flashing How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
yep thats right.
Thanks about to try some new ROMs and compare them
Old 03-29-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

Hi all, kind of confused about how to do this with vista. Post #54 implied that the exe. File should be used, but i think the 1st post says .nbh, more than likely i'm just messing up. If someone accomplished this using vista please list your step by step istructions on how you did.Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
Hi all, kind of confused about how to do this with vista. Post #54 implied that the exe. File should be used, but i think the 1st post says .nbh, more than likely i'm just messing up. If someone accomplished this using vista please list your step by step istructions on how you did.Thanks.
in the mean time...i think most ppl using vista are just using the sd flash method using an sd card formatted fat32.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

I have been trying it that way with no success after formatting sd card. if anyone was successful doing it this way please explain how in detail.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

just a strange side note, flashing from sd worked fine for me untill I upgraded to 4 gig???? it works fine from my 2gig and 1gig, but sees nothing on the 4. If anyone is having problems flashing from sd, maybee try a different card. Not sure what is causing this, but I wonder if it might not be a problem with the bootloader not recognizing sdhc??? anyone know the answer?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
I have been trying it that way with no success after formatting sd card. if anyone was successful doing it this way please explain how in detail.

it's really as easy as the first post says, and yes use the .nbh, the exe is useless to you. I am pretty sure vista can unpack the archive without winzip or any other ad-on, but don't quote me on this. just right click and extract. rename RUU_SIGNED.NBH to VOGUIMG.NBH (all caps) place on storage card and enter bootloader. If nothing happens, see previous post
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what i did with vista is i removed the SD card and run the unlocker and everything went fine and flashed
Old 04-01-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
what i did with vista is i removed the SD card and run the unlocker and everything went fine and flashed
I also tried removing my SD card and the whole process went without a hitch with Vista.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
I also tried removing my SD card and the whole process went without a hitch with Vista.
hmm wow thats interesting i thought it was a lot more complicated than that. thanks for the info, will update first post accordingly.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker

dave3520 is a n00b

Having some trouble upgrading the rom through VISTA. I think the unlocker worked (though I had to soft reset immediately to prevent the TELUS customizer from running). I copied the NBH file to my storage card, renamed it VOGUIMG, ran the bootloader. It flashes something about "No Image File" and then goes to the bootloader tricolour screen where nothing happens. My storage card is FAT32.

any thoughts?

Cheers.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development