PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

blee0125 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundworkspr View Post
ok so got around it so far jeje
but question i like to hard reset my phone alot would this code change every time i do this or each code is special for each phone ??

just wondering !!

yeah...I know there's a workaround. :P it was a test anyways.

the code is generated based on everyone's MDN so it is unique to each phone/phone# and stays with the phone. if you used a workaround, when you reset, it will probably pop up again.

any comments/complaints/tweaks that need to be added?

Latest Exploits: Custom ROMs 6700, 6800, 6900

Next Exploits: Learning the in's and out's of XIP Porting and finishing the aku.0.7.0 kitchen for the Vogue

If I've ever helped you or you appreciate my work:
Donations Welcome
Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul & HTC Touch and HTC Diamond now HTC Touch Pro

soundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
the same code stays with your phone.
thanks i just intsalled the rom again changed a couple things its true it does stay the same u should share this with other rom makers its a nice idea for people who like profiting out of other peoples work

nice job
Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polargoat View Post
so how is the rom running for everyone that has flashed it? Any minor/major bugs with it or is it runnin slick so far? Give us some feedback. I'm downloading it now and will flash it tomorrow unless there are any major bugs posted by tomorrow.

Thank you blee0125 for your work, its much appreciated.

Peace Polar
Polar mentioned a good idea in a PM actually. I don't know if it'll be this way in the future but I know for now since my code is based off the MDN, I guess you guys could send me your MDN's in advance to get your serials before you flash just in case I'm not on when you flash.

There shouldn't be any MAJOR bugs. I ran it on both Sprint and cricKet for about 3 days apiece at 16MB pagepool with numerous combinations of apps and didn't find myself soft resetting a lot. My wife is running it on her Touch right now as well. Sprint Powerdeck in PIE seems to not recognize the phone anymore though and Client Initiated IOTA seems to fail although EvDO, MMS, and PIE all work fine for me.

::EDIT:: Do you guys use Sprint programs much..I'm referring to things like Sprint TV, Mobile Email, OZ IM in particular. Also, don't know if you noticed but I set up something in the kitchen called "Generic Autorun." Basically you can drag whatever cabs you want in there, write your own config.txt and run that instead of the default Sprint or Alltel autoruns. You can they select that OEM in conjunction with the Sprint/Alltel carrier customize which handles your IOTA and WAP/MMS settings.

Last edited by blee0125; 01-23-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by polargoat View Post
so how is the rom running for everyone that has flashed it? Any minor/major bugs with it or is it runnin slick so far? Give us some feedback. I'm downloading it now and will flash it tomorrow unless there are any major bugs posted by tomorrow.

Thank you blee0125 for your work, its much appreciated.

Peace Polar
been running it for a day now, and i havent found any problems or bugs, the only installs i've done are ppcgeeksmms, spb mobile shell, pcm contacs. other than that everything is running find out of the box.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work
Sorry to be such a noob, but I searched (XDA) and can't find out what a kitchen is or how to use one. Can someone link me a good starter article/thread? Thx.

Matt
Old 01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawst95 View Post
Sorry to be such a noob, but I searched (XDA) and can't find out what a kitchen is or how to use one. Can someone link me a good starter article/thread? Thx.

Matt
A kitchen is basically where you can pick and choose what programs and other critical components you want in a ROM. It allows you to customize your ROM to your liking rather than just using it out of the box from the carrier. Sometimes, you may not like programs say Sprint included. For example if you are on Sprint and like the Mobile Email and OZ IM but don't use Sprint TV, then in a kitchen you might be able to remove just the Sprint TV while keeping the other two programs.

You can also add aftermarket programs and have them burned into your ROM rather than have to install by CAB later on. This saves you space to use for other items.

You might try reading this thread for basic knowledge. It was written by BigJ for the PPC-6700 Apache but much is similar information.
http://rapidshare.com/files/57472121...rough_r1.0.pdf
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

JacobWW60 is keeping up the good workJacobWW60 is keeping up the good work
Kitchen is great...

So far a couple of problems...

One was already mentioned but PIE for Sprint doesn't recognize my device on the homepage. Not a big deal though.

The other problem (and if anyone else has had it please share) is Sprint TV doesn't work on my device. It says every channel is unavailable. Error code 7000 I believe?

Last edited by JacobWW60; 01-23-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 01-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
the only thing I'm noticing today is the battery drain, its down to 60% in about three hours and a half.only made about 5 one minute calls. not really sure what is the problem since I reloaded last night
Old 01-23-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fowen is a n00b
I reloaded my rom yesterday and I am very happy with it. I bumped the pagepool up to 18MB and the device is much faster then the stock rom. Bluetooth volume is better and so far I have not had the random phone pad popping up or no notifications when the phone was in standby like I did with the stock rom.

I know I will be playing with the kitchen over the next week! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
the only thing I'm noticing today is the battery drain, its down to 60% in about three hours and a half.only made about 5 one minute calls. not really sure what is the problem since I reloaded last night
You are the second person to mention that to me. No complaints from the people who have built cricket roms only sprint side it seems.

I made some registry changes for battery life. I'll post what I did later. I took most of the hacks from the mogul but if they don't work for you try editing it. If you installed dotfred task manager it comes with a reg editor. If not, phm is free to use and comes in a cab format.

Can I get some confirmation from some other users as to whether this is a problem and what settings work best for you. If so, I'll edit and add to rev 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobWW60 View Post
Kitchen is great...

So far a couple of problems...

One was already mentioned but PIE for Sprint doesn't recognize my device on the homepage. Not a big deal though.

The other problem (and if anyone else has had it please share) is Sprint TV doesn't work on my device. It says every channel is unavailable. Error code 7000 I believe?
Sprint TV in general it seems has been tempermental. That being said..I got it to work except for the Disney Channels. I know that because my 2 y/o son tried to watch it in the car the other day. But it seems to be hit or miss. Every other day or so, I get that 7000 error code and even the welcome movie won't play.

Last edited by blee0125; 01-23-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development