PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

marc79slc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP1 Wont Flash Custom Roms?

Heya there, my TP is flashed with .37 and it has had tons of custom firmwares on it over the last year and now for some reason now it wont let me put anything but the stock sprint roms on it!

Every other rom gets to about 99% then fails out (if done by SD) or finished up then says Rom Error if done by Activesync.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks so much
-marc
Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: TP1 Wont Flash Custom Roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc79slc View Post
Heya there, my TP is flashed with .37 and it has had tons of custom firmwares on it over the last year and now for some reason now it wont let me put anything but the stock sprint roms on it!

Every other rom gets to about 99% then fails out (if done by SD) or finished up then says Rom Error if done by Activesync.

Thanks so much
-marc
Hard reset, Flash back to the shipped sprint rom, hard reset again relock. Then unlock again and try flashing a custom rom again, and do a hard reset after it is flashed.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b

i dont understand why ppl hard reset their device so much.

hard reset, soft resest, flash, hard resset, set up rom, hard reset, soft resset, hard reset..

it really isnt that neccessary.
i just

Flash, and the tp automatically hard resets in set up

thats all thats neccessary.

i keep my device unlocked too, cause there really is no point to relock it.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicemane View Post
i dont understand why ppl hard reset their device so much.

hard reset, soft resest, flash, hard resset, set up rom, hard reset, soft resset, hard reset..

it really isnt that neccessary.
i just

Flash, and the tp automatically hard resets in set up

thats all thats neccessary.

i keep my device unlocked too, cause there really is no point to relock it.
Well that's fine, until you have a problem. Then obviously you have to try something different, do you suggest he keep doing the same thing over and over hoping it will work next time?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

12voltguy is a n00b

I too have a TP and can't seem to load any rom's. I keep getting "Error 262" "communications error" Can anyone suggest anything? I'd like to move to WM 6.5!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12voltguy View Post
I too have a TP and can't seem to load any rom's. I keep getting "Error 262" "communications error" Can anyone suggest anything? I'd like to move to WM 6.5!
never seen that one b4..

why does OP need to relock.. if OPs going to relock, do it first, you dont have to be unlocked to flash stock ROMS anyways..

and i agree with all the Hard reset BS... every flash is a hard reset, so why do u feel the need.. it doesnt do anything...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Well that's fine, until you have a problem. Then obviously you have to try something different, do you suggest he keep doing the same thing over and over hoping it will work next time?
i wasnt talkin about him
im talking about members on this board in general
Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc79slc View Post

Thanks so much
-marc
I've seen a couple of reports in other threads (not sure off hand which ones, would have to search to find them) that the latest Sprint stock ROM is relocking phones in some cases. Seems that it's replacing the SPL with stock again. Make sure that your boot loader screen says "cmonex" in the version number.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro